Is your governor a nitwit too?

Here’s what mine is doing.

He is now saying that if a fully vaccinated person is exposed to Covid, that person does not require quarantine. Why? Because a vaccinated person is NOT a risk of getting or spreading Covid. What other reason could there be?

BUT.

A fully vaccinated person must wear a mask? Why? Because a vaccinated person IS a risk of getting or spreading Covid. What other reason could there be?

What the hell? How can both of these be true?

3 Likes

Just lie back and think of Fauci.

Did you think I was asking for advice?

:joy:

2 Likes

Who is the governor?

It’s a mental condition.

Post Epidemic Stress Syndrome.

The lack of a reason to NOT mind your own business.

Masks make nice markers for fearful conformists.

3 Likes

Mike Dewine.

Where did he contradict himself? I don’t see any reports of him stating what you claimed.

At the time he spoke to WCPO from the historic Clifton Mill near Yellow Springs, Ohio’s COVID-19 case rate was 155.6 per 100,000 people. DeWine has promised to end all ongoing health orders, including masking orders, if the state reaches a rate of 50 cases per 100,000 people and stays there for two weeks.

He hopes that can push Ohio closer to that goal.

“We’re seeing cases drop now," he said. “What’s driving these cases going down is the vaccine. And, you know, 40% of the total population in Ohio has now been vaccinated.”

For now, in Ohio, vaccinated people do not have to wear a mask outside. Vaccinated people also do not have to quarantine if they’ve been exposed to the virus.

Right here.

Is it different than I described? If so, how?

Vaccinated Ohioans no longer have to quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure, DeWine says (wlwt.com)

1 Like

not seeing it. can you point out what the problem is? vaccinated people no longer have to quarantine, and the CDC has stated masks are not needed outdoors…

The governor announced changes to health orders Tuesday — a move he said was discussed with local and national health officials.

By changing our health order, students 16 and 17 years old who are vaccinated will be able to participate in sports and other activities, even when they have been exposed to someone with the virus.

This change will also apply to all adults, except those who are in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or other congregate care settings. Nursing homes and long-term care facilities should continue to quarantine following CDC guidance, the governor announced.

“The power of the vaccine allows us to do this,” DeWine said.

DeWine’s announcement comes on the same day the CDC announcement fully vaccinated Americans no longer need to wear masks outdoors, except in crowds.

Dozens of people spent Tuesday evening in Washington Park, enjoying time with friends or family members.

“Fully vaccinated, seeing all my friends. I’ve been kind of living in my apartment by myself for the longest time. Just ready to get back out and see some people, smile at people without a mask,” said Joshua Wourms, who lives in Over-The-Rhine. “Everything just feels better.”

UC senior Jack Schadeck said he was recently vaccinated on campus.

“I was just worried about potentially spreading it to someone at risk,” he said. “I’m looking forward to getting outside with my friends and family.”

The Health Department says 4.6 million people, or four of every 10 people in the state, have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose. More than 3.5 million people, or almost one in three people in Ohio, have finished the vaccination process.

The seven-day rolling average of daily new cases in Ohio did not increase over the past two weeks, going from 2,065.71 new cases per day on April 11 to 1,556.43 new cases per day on April 25, according to data collected by the Johns Hopkins University Center for Systems Science and Engineering.

Not exactly.

2 Likes

I assume then that Ohio residents are still required by state law to wear masks indoors in public places.

So the problem you see is that they must be at risk for catching and therefore spreading the virus even if vaccinated…otherwise what is the point of forcing them to wear masks.

So…if they are still at risk of catching and spreading the virus, why would they not need to be quarantined if they have come in contract with the virus, like everyone else.

Either an explanation should be provided, or there is an inconsistency here.

3 Likes

Dude…

While I am NOT saying this is what is happening, a person can be immune and still spread. Typhoid Mary for example.

If that is the theory the governor is working on, then why would he not require the vaccinated to be quarantined like everyone else?

1 Like

Dude, I have no insight to your governor’s mind. I just know infectious diseases are tricky.

My governor is not a nitwit. He is a :us: red state :us: conservative doing the people’s business. :us: God bless the USA :us:

1 Like

Lets talk about your governor… The question was Is your governor a nitwit too?

Is this another if vs if not? I am not understanding.

You have asked a very good question. The Twilight Zone and altered reality. And I hate to say, liberal progressives have no clue what is going on.

At the local liberal progressive party meeting they shiould ad this disclaimer:

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension—a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

1 Like

First, I have to give a ■■■■ about what my governor says and I don’t. Your current prez, cured me :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass: