Is this what the Green new deal will mean for us?

No and as far as I know he never paid a whore to keep her mouth shut either. What does that have to do with the price of face masks in China?

1 Like

No, his reasons it’s not a free and fair election are of course different.

from Bernie Sanders on Political & Electoral Reform

Unfortunately, a very low percentage of eligible voters participate in our democracy. Other voters want to participate but cannot because of voter suppression tactics such as ID requirements, poll manipulation, voter purges, gerrymandering, and so on. There are millions of people who cannot vote because they are incarcerated, completing probation or parole, or have been convicted of a felony. And most threatening of all to our democracy is the domination of elections and political discourse by corporations and the wealthy elite.

Bernie wants to abolish super PACs, overturn Citizens United , and make sure every voter counts.

You’re not going to get me to defend Bernie Sanders. I don’t want him to be president. But the idea that 2020 will be our last national election if he wins is rather hysterical. It reminds me of what many were saying about Trump at this point in 2016.

Trump wasn’t proposing nationalizing a fifth of the economy and declaring a national emergency that would cover nearly everything else.

I get what you’re saying in theory, I’m just not buying that Bernie would literally turn into a dictator and abolish our way of life in less than four years.

Bernie won’t be running against Hildawg.

Isn’t enough we know he intends to gather the power that could make it possible? Democrats lost their minds when Trump floated getting a few billion using a national emergency declaration. Sanders is talking about declaring such power over nearly everything.

She would actually be a more formidable candidate in my opinion. A better chance to challenge Trump.

1 Like

that’s sweet

good luck!

I got an idea…let’s replace brown paper bags with plastic ones…and save the forests?

When will they ever learn? When will they evvver learn?

2 Likes

No, it’s not. Trump has the same power.

I don’t need luck. Unlike you, I’m not invested in any of these candidates.

please explain how i am “invested” in a candidate

As demonstrated with the election of and constant defense of Donald Trump. It’s not technically illegal

Bernie is going to test the limits of the Executive branch, conspire with other countries to dig up dirt on his opponents, call our elections fraudulent and then constantly make off the cuff remarks/jokes about how he’s going to be President for more than 2 terms.

And Democrats will probably throw him cover the entire time with some type of “technically not illegal” gibberish.

Trump hasn’t threatened to use it to take over virtually every aspect of our lives though, has he?

You’re a hardcore Donald Trump supporter. No?

He’s threatened our elections, and he’s shown the will to use emergency powers for political reasons. Neither Trump nor Sanders should be president.

1 Like

I agree, however, if those are the two choices, I’ll take the guy who isn’t threatening to become a virtual dictator.

no. i am not a hardcore supporter of anyone