Is this proof of media racism?

Nope. You seem to have all the imaginary scenarios covered.

2 Likes

The media?

There are stories from USN&WR, BBC, Reuters, the AP, AJ, NPR, the Baptist Press, the WP, CBS News, just on page one of a search.

Maybe the disconnect here is that some people only think it’s news if it’s being yelled at them from a talking head surrounded by scrolls and chirons?

2 Likes

It’s late on a Sunday at the end of a long holiday weekend. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

That is ridiculous. The media is manipulating America.

1 Like

The media is America.

It’s both.

They don’t run stories no one cares about.

Hardly anyone in America could give a flying fig about dead Nigerian farmers right now. So while the story is being covered, it’s not going to be spoon fed.

To be honest I’m not even sure of the source of the OPer’s outrage here.

:joy::+1:t3: The media is NYC and LA. Maybe Atlanta.

1 Like

Don’t forget DC.

Good point.

Nexstar is based in Irving, Texas.

Sinclair is in Maryland. Facebook is Silicon Valley.

1 Like

The soft bigotry of low expectations. We expect them to act like that so it’s not mainstream news.

I remember during the European migration crisis of 2015 there was more reporting on the Hungarian journalist woman who tripped a migrant with her feet then they were of the 1000 girls who were sexually assaulted at cologne Germany on New Year’s Eve by migrants.

Nothing to see here.

1 Like

Why should the media care? They don’t really care about Black on Black crime or other inner city violence unless it fits into there narrative/propaganda purpose.

Oh they may write up on it but not any real in debt news/information.

Inner-city violence?

This thread is about a massacre in rural Nigeria.

My point stands.

Well, not really. But whatever.

Fortunately you don’t get to make that decision.

The media will promote their interest over legitimate news. Black on Black crime…or Muslim on Muslim or in this case possible Muslim on white Black Christian doesn’t promote their interest/agenda.

I understand “some” don’t like their media being criticizes…

The news media that I consume have all covered this story.

1 Like

OK…

Here is CNN at this very moment.

And then I go to CNN World…nothing.

Seems to me praising of China ending poverty is big news for Communist News Network.