Is this not a dog whistle from Trump playing on racial fear?

Wouldn’t it be great if he said that and you wouldn’t have to interpret it?

2 Likes

Ooh. “Housing projects”.

1 Like

We have stench of highway that for a mile every farm has a Biden sign or two.

1 Like

And libs aren’t interpreting “low income” to mean blacks?

Lib duplicity rules!!

2 Likes

The soft bigotry of low expectations?

3 Likes

Actually, I didn’t interpret it. That’s what he said.

Expect more from your president.

The AFFH provision of the FHA has it’s origins in the 1968 Civil Rights Act. It was enacted to prevent housing discrimination. The 2015 changes didn’t force low income housing into affluent areas. It required communities receiving federal money to evaluate and make plans to correct discriminatory housing practices. The “densely populated” comment is completely made up.

Using a portion of the Civil Rights Act to instill fear while throwing in the name of a black politician can most certainly be seen as using racial fear. His sycophants won’t agree but their votes aren’t in jeopardy.

6 Likes

It is not. You even said you had to interpret it. Lol.

I was being ironic when I said I was interpreting it. I was interpreting “suburban” to mean “suburban” while other were interpreting “suburban” to mean “white”.

1 Like

Sure. Sounds good. :slight_smile:

Good post.

As defined by whom? Where is this happening?

You should read some of Lee Atwater’s stuff. He was a GOP kingmaker and he was quite clear what was meant by things like “low income”, “forced busing” and “property values” meant.

You start out in 1954 by saying, “■■■■■■, ■■■■■■, ■■■■■■.” By 1968 you can’t say “■■■■■■”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “■■■■■■, ■■■■■■.”

2 Likes

Lee Atwater has been dead for 30 years.

2 Likes

True. But he left a dark stain on the GOP that just won’t come out. I guess we can learn from history.

2 Likes

Of course it won’t. They gave libs an excuse to scream, whether it’s true or not.

1 Like

Some can.

Others keep using that language like it was all just yesterday.

1 Like

And I bet he didn’t see one Trump sign too.

I live in a ruby read area of Florida and everyday we’re seeing more and more Biden signs. I’m actually shocked by the amount. And early this morning I saw my first Biden/Harris sign. I’m in a large “age qualified” community and what I hear most from my neighbors are the issues surrounding Medicare and social security. We do not want those programs messed with, no matter what side of the aisle you’re on.

4 Likes

Sure. No matter what. “It existed once, so it always exists, whether it exists or not.”

Critical theory 101.

1 Like