Is this Lockdown Constitutional?

Getting sick is not a crisis.

Twice as bad as flu is no longer a crisis.

When the threat was potentially 10X worse than the flu…I could go along with crisis.

Time to phase out the crisis rules and protect the co-morbid and elderly. I think we can do this.

:stethoscope:

Have another cup of coffee.

No jitters?

:coffee:

When was abortion made illegal? I hadn’t heard that.

2 Likes

Abortion being equal to murder is a matter of opinion, not codified law. Personal opinions have little to no bearing on litigation. Sorry.

2 Likes

Excellent, may the force be ever in your favor. And thanks for being a business owner that contributes to society. More people should follow suit. :wink:

1 Like

@GWH @Snow96
Can this be merged with one of the other multiple identical threads the OP has made?

What in the Constitution Allows the Government to Make All these Businesses Close?

1 Like

Different enough, and more substansive than the other one.

1 Like

Apparently a link is necessary for /thread to work:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/264

1 Like

No worries. I just dont see any difference other than one thred is newer and that the position hasn’t been thoroughly destroyed yet in this one

Wait I was wrong. This one was utterly destroyed in the very first reply

1 Like

Uh no. Thread continues.

The US Code is not the Constitution and you might want to read that.

3 Likes

Great post.

1 Like

Your assumption is wrong as shown in the very first reply

So is murder by opening a door, a stupid opinion. Not codified law.

Personal opinions have a great deal of bearing on litigation.

1 Like

No it wasn’t.

1 Like

Has that law been challenged in the 67 years it’s been enacted?

Are you saying there have NEVER been any laws that have been challenged and found unonstitutional. That is a LAW . . . not a part of the constitution.

Of course not. I’m saying that in 67 years this law has never been challenged in a system where practically everything is. There is a reason for that.

Also it’s clear that the 10th amendment grants the states the power to control commerce

That is a federal law – has the the Federal Government order businesses in all states shut down?

1 Like

Doesn’t give the states the right to violate the constition however.