Is there a growing problem of anti-Semitism from the left?

What I notice it telling me is the more anti-semitic behavior from the trump minions…the more we see them pointing fingers at the Left…

I guess taxi driver allegedly yelling Allah while attacking an Orthodox Jew did not get the message that “Love trumps hate.”

The response from the national media, which are based in New York and should be familiar with this story, is “Nothing to see here move on.”

Here is another apparent anti-Semitic attack against an Orthodox Jew in Brooklyn from a few days ago:

The national media seem reluctant to mention these attacks unless they can somehow blame them on Trump.

If there’s one think I know you are very interested in, it’s anti-Semitic attacks in New York.

“It’s so unfair. All the news channels are reporting the intent of the guy who murdered 11 people, and not focusing on these muggings in Brooklyn”

Right. A rw kills 11 Jewish people gets knocked to the side in this post.

How many people died in these alleged lw crimes against Jewish people.

I will tell you zero.

Allam

Yes, the Pittsburgh attack was horrific there is no dispute about that.

My question is will it take actual fatalities before the national media will acknowledge growing problems with anti-Semitism that are not from neo-Nazis?

Would the national media be as silent about the recent violent attacks in Brooklyn if there was evidence the attackers were right-wing extremists?

In Britain anti-Semitic incidents are at an all time high, and they are coming from a variety of sources. Here one description:

Stephen Silverman, of the Campaign Against Anti-Semitism, said the rise was ‘due to the spread of anti-Semitic conspiracy myths originating from Islamists, the far-Left and the far-Right which society is failing to address, as evidenced by the ongoing disgraceful situation in the Labour Party’.

What has fox news reporting been in regards to this issue? Or are they not part of “national media?”

Theres literally not a single thing in that article that supports your notion that those incidents were caused by anyone on the left. Not a single thing… the only thing mentioned is what you pulled in your quote, that progressive groups dont tend to send out emails, etc. when incidents like this occur. But not a shred of evidence to suggest this rise of anti-semitism is because of the left… read your own article

Yes, two voting blocks, that when combined approximate 2% of the population, are sending this country over the cliff. Hysterical much?

You may want to read this link from the OP about the alleged attacks by James Polite, a Democrat campaign worker in New York City.

The NY Times had run a story back on 2017 on the alleged attacker, but somehow they did not mention his background in their recent coverage of the attacks. Here is short quote and a link to that story:

He interned with Ms. Quinn, a Manhattan Democrat, for several years, working on initiatives to combat hate crime, sexual assault and domestic violence. He also took part in her re-election campaign in 2009 and returned to help with her for mayor in 2013.

Look Bill, Im not saying it doesnt exist on the left… I didn’t construct this strawman, you did. What Im saying is that 1) the article you linked to does not in any way shape or form support your claim, and 2) when last week we had three separate violent incidents motivated at least in part by RW rhetoric, let’s just say my concerns are focused elsewhere. Don’t you think your energy should be focused on, let’s say, where people are being killed rather than against some progressives in NY that don’t make enough noise when anti-semitic attacks occur?

A big issue is that many prominent Democrats are not willing to openly denounce anti-Semitism from Louis Farrakhan and others with similar views.

For example here is a description of the close relationship with the Congressional Black Caucus:

To be fair at least one member of the caucus recently condemned Farrakhan’s anti-Semitism:

There are also apparent links between the leadership of the Women’s March and Farrakhan:

Then there’s Women’s March co-president Tamika Mallory. In a February 2018 speech, Farrakhan said, “Jews were responsible for all of this filth and degenerate behavior that Hollywood is putting out, turning men into women and women into men. White folks are going down. And Satan is going down. And Farrakhan, by God’s grace, has pulled the cover off of that Satanic Jew, and I’m here to say your time is up, your world is through.” Mallory attended the speech. She once posted a picture of herself embraced by Farrakhan, referring to him as “the GOAT” (Greatest Of All Time). So when she pointedly refused to condemn Farrakhan’s anti-Semitic and anti-LGBT comments after being asked, it was no surprise.

God to see you have a cause that inspires you.

Farrakhan praised both Obama and Trump. Only one of them didn’t accept the endorsement.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/01/why-the-nation-of-islam-is-praising-donald-trump/?utm_term=.bee812e457bd

1 Like