Is the US nasty?

Hate crimes are up sharply since Trump was elected.

Whenever Trump holds a rally, there is a spike in hate crimes in the county where he held the rally, compared to the surrounding area.

What some consider making America great again others consider nasty. Its a matter of perspective. We’re looking at the same data, just not everyone is celebrating.

I certainly think Donald is a vicious, nasty person. And he inspires/emboldens the worst in people, on both sides of the partisan divide, for his own personal gain.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s accurate to say the US is nasty, but I’d say there are many cases where people’s behavior has grown a lot nastier when it comes to politics since Trump took over.

There was a time on this board where people could debate rather heatedly without resorting to insults. That seems to be rarer and rarer these days. I noticed a sharp uptick in the vitriol about the time Trump announced his candidacy. And, quite frankly, he encourages that vitriol by his frequent use of it. He’s the president. He sets the tone.

1 Like

It’s all about him…

I think you’re proving his point for him.

All that’s happening is the right is using the same tactics they learned from the left. As Rush put it. “This is what pushing back looks like”… Many on the left can’t take it…

1 Like

What about if you’re the most powerful person in the world hurling insults from the safety of your phone screen?

1 Like

Apparently he has not come to grips with the fact that he’s been lying to people for 3 years about collusion… His networks has no credibility anymore would not have much of an audience if not for airports etc, where people can’t change the channel…

3 Likes

Someone should rip the microphone out of this loser’s hands.

And get him some more beer.

Hey, it beats hurling drone strikes murdering US citizens without due process am I right?

2 Likes

Yes, since Trump took office…And I’m surprised it took this long for a thread to be started…

Why wait until Elvis .44 level TV destruction?

I agree this is odd behavior with no other qualifier needed.

:tv:

Does that count for watching football too?

Let’s try again, but without answering a question with a question.

Should we check that person into rehab?

Is he drunk?

That is a distinct possibility. Or senile. In which we’d need to swap “rehab” for “mental health services” or “nursing home.”

That doesn’t count.

America isn’t nasty. But a large number of Republicans are being nasty to the country.

Jim is a freak for pushing the Russian collusion hoax!

Hmm. ADS I guess.