Is the US killing addicts with failed government policies?

Heck you could even make a profit on it if the government wanted, sell advertising to play on their free tvs.

I have homeless folks living in a camp in a church parking lot just blocks from my home. These folks are more on the mental illness/addiction spectrum without having a lot of criminals or predators. The camp is filthy. Garbage piled up on the sidewalks. Tents overflowing into the streets. Itā€™s a health hazard and looks inhumane that we allow people to live this way.

Thereā€™s a push for tiny house camps but itā€™ll take a while and will serve only a fraction of folks. But yeah Iā€™d love to see villages of tiny homes that have real services in the form of trash collection, toilets and showers. What I see is awful.

Honestly Iā€™m surprised it isnā€™t front and center with the Dems. My guess is the minute they propose something like that the GOP will be against itā€¦becauseā€¦of course.

I donā€™t think the GOP would oppose it, at that price, problem is, government would never allow it to be solved at cost.

I think the 2012 GOP might not oppose it. But the 2021 GOP? They would oppose almost anything the Dems propose- especially a spending bill to help the needy.

No the only cross over I think possible right now is with weed. Republicans have finally turned the corner on the war on drugs and I think would support broad legalization.

Do the math on it, the GOP wouldnā€™t throw a fit on probably less than a billion in spending to solve or mostly solve the homeless problem. The real problem is if they allow houses to be built that cheaply, current house prices would go south. If people see tiny homes being built for the homeless at ten k a pop, they will demand they be allowed to use the same tech for cheap housing.

Hey I mostly agree- although I think the bill would be more like 20 billion. That would go a long long way. Not gonna happen in todayā€™s environment.

Itā€™s criminal to allow homelessness today with the advent of dirt cheap printed housing tech. Criminal. It costs far more to do nothing.

1 Like

Maybe I will write an email to Elon Musk, he lives in a tiny home, maybe he would be willing to do governments job for them.

Elon musk lives in a tiny home? Seriously? How did I not know thisā€¦

Yep, lives in a boxabl

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/why-billionaire-elon-musk-downsized-to-a-dollar50k-tiny-home/ss-AAM9tXz

At this point, homelessness is a government business, big money budgets and a lot of employees to handle the problem when it could be solved quickly with printed tiny homes for a fraction of the cost,

Took 4 years

1 Like