Is the US government uniquely evil?

The idea of a government intentionally infecting its own people with dangerous microbes is commonly believed to be unthinkable. Sadly American history shows otherwise:

On September 20, 1950, a US Navy ship just off the coast of San Francisco used a giant hose to spray a cloud of microbes into the air and into the city’s famous fog. The military was testing how a biological weapon attack would affect the 800,000 residents of the city. The people of San Francisco had no idea. The Navy continued the tests for seven days, potentially causing at least one death. It was one of the first large-scale biological weapon trials that would be conducted under a “germ warfare testing program” that went on for 20 years, from 1949 to 1969.

Is the US government uniquely evil?

There are videos from Wuhan of trucks spraying clouds of disinfectant during the outbreak. How do we know that all the disinfectant was really disinfectant?

Wait - the US government is evil because the Chinese government was spraying disinfectant???

Ummmmm - alrighty then. Now leaving the Twilight Zone…

1 Like

Your response appears to agree that the US government is uniquely evil because it intentionally infected its own cities as part of its biowarfare program.

Any suggestion that the Communist government of China would do something similar is hysterical xenophobia!

I think you mis read his response.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say uniquely evil. lol

2 Likes

The U.S. isn’t uniquely evil because there is evil and corruption across this entire globe among many nations. HOWEVER, I think the U.S. should be quiet as it relates to having moral condemnation for other countries. Since 1776 this country has raised a lot of hell, domestic and abroad and she has a lot of blood on her hands. I don’t think she’s in the position to point at other countries regarding evil when evil, a lot of it government sponsored, is happening right here on these shores.

Disagree. Some nations are demonstrably worse, despite what Democrats and leftists want to believe.

Of course you do and of course you turn this into a partisan issue.
Well, we have to agree to disagree because no matter who is in power be it democrats/leftist or republican/conservative both are guilty of raising a lot of hell here at home and across this globe at the expense of people.

1 Like

Do you agree that we are better than China, Cuba or North Korea on abuses? It’s not a difficult question - unless you lean left.

That’s easy, historically since 1776 we have been just as bad if not worse. You cannot rewrite history as much as you guys want to erase or dismiss it.

FTR, I don’t hold the water for the left or the right because both have betrayed my community over the course of American history along with others they deemed different or not palatable to their ideological base. In this country it’s all about power and money, nothing else matters including the citizens within.

1 Like

That isn’t a serious statement.

The older I get the more I realize the only privilege is rich elite privlige. Our gov, rich tycoons and politicians all play at the same yacht club and we eat the left overs. Rules for them then rules for us.

2 Likes

Yes sir! They are Marie Antoinette and we eat the cake.

We DO agree on this.

It absolutely is. Government sponsored genocide(see Native Americans), government sponsored terrorism, government sponsored apartheid (separate and unequal, black codes, Jim Crow and James Crow, Esq), government sponsored enslavement of human property and that’s just the domestic stuff.

So yes, this is a very serious statement.

Note: When I say government sponsored, that means local, state and federal

The US government is nowhere near as bad as the CPC, the Russian Federation, or North Korea. Or Iran. Or that ■■■■ show known as the Gaza strip’s ruling party.

The US government is mostly incompetent.

1 Like

All bad things, yes. Things we should be ashamed for.

Certainly doesn’t rank to the CPC’s crimes over a much shorter time period, however.

2 Likes

You did not answer the question asked. EV did not ask about what the US was. EV asked " Do you agree that we are better than China, Cuba or North Korea on abuses? It’s not a difficult question - unless you lean left.

1 Like

China does appear on the cutting edge of developing a final solution to excessive whiteness: Uyghur genocide - Wikipedia

And they have an incredibly efficient system for finding organs for those who need them.

But the idea that China would willingly infect its own people in order to spread a virus to attack its perceived enemies violates western ideas of morality and is therefore unthinkable.

That’s the point I’m apparently failing to make. We are an imperfect union with a checkered history, but we don’t commit atrocities on the scale of some nations. Moral relativism is moral failure.