Is the Pope Catholic?

That isn’t the cross Jesus referred to. Its the one they hung Him on, that one.

Is that some sort of tradition? The plain text from Matthew says otherwise.

You are focused on the wrong thing. You’re only looking at the mechanics of the method. Can you explain why the Catholic Church teaches what it does about sex, reproduction and family planning?

No. Can you, citing primary sources? I doubt it. Lets see if you can do it.

Christ uses “cross” to represent trials and tribulations caused by faith in Him.

That’s the plain facts Jack.

Didn’t think so.

Yes.

Again is sexual attraction a sin or not?

Is it an action?

matter of debate.

I’m not talking about having homosexual sex.
I’m talking about finding people of the same gender attractive is that alone a sin.

is someone who is attracted to men but never has gay sex a sinner.

We are all sinners

The the pope is right, homosexual are born in god image. he is separating the human from the action of homosexual sex.

ROME — “They call me a heretic.”

Not the words you’d expect to hear from the head of the Roman Catholic Church. But that’s what Pope Francis told a group of fellow Jesuits in Chile earlier this year, acknowledging the fierce pushback from arch-conservatives in the Vatican.

Celebrated by progressives around the world for his push to update and liberalize aspects of church doctrine, Francis is facing fierce blowback from traditionalists who take issue with his openness to Muslim migrants, his concern for the environment and his softer tone on divorce, cohabitation and homosexuality. Opposition has become so heated that some advisers are warning him to tread carefully to avoid a “schism” in the church.

While leftists here applaud the pope’s heresy, that’s not the reaction of many conservative Catholics. The Politico’s article details the push back he is getting, and its building.

Its a joke based on how Jesuit have been treated historically by the Church.

There is less then 10,000 Jesuit Priest world wide they were historically one of the most mistreated sect of Catholicism.

Last fall, more than 200 scholars and priests signed a letter accusing Francis of spreading heresy.

That’s in the article you didn’t read, they are not joking about his being a Jesuit.

Jesuits have been called heretics for centuries i have no doubt some people in the church still think this way.

When it comes to priest there are rivals when it comes to sects majority of Catholics have no idea it goes on

My Priest growing up attended school in Rome it wasn’t uncommon for them to have angry shouting matches when it comes to theology and proper teaching of the church based on what school of theology they are studying.

The two ideas are not mutually exclusive.

Taking up your cross can mean following Jesus to overcome your own human weaknesses and faults. That is a difficult process.

In the case of the early Christians it was even more literal. Tradition is that most of the apostles died on the cross.

Are you a fair judge of facts? Is it fair to interpret figurative language referring to the violence one receives because of a religious belief, to a personal struggle with homosexuality?