Is the Pope Catholic?

You support gay marriage? I am referring to government/civil marriage, not personal or religious marriage.

If I misread you, I apologize. But the points still remain: (1) Pope Francis is being consistent. He isn’t making “new law” or being the “anti-pope”. He is simply stating reality. (2) People who continue to play the homosexuality is a sin/it’s chosen card (for the most part) hold regressive views against the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community.

Do you think God made blindness? Malaria? Kleptomania? Hemophilia?

God made all humans, and we all carry faults and disorders. It’s part of our fallen nature. To call it “blame” is a jaded approach to human nature. (Including your own, and your propensity for sin. You’re no different from any other person.)

Catholic Church has so many differing opinion on thing its almost comical it even works.

He didn’t say that.

He said God created homosexual in his image, just like he created everyone in his image.
the act of being gay isn’t a sin having sex with the same sex is a sin the attraction isn’t a sin that is how god made them.

Yes, just not my church santioning such marriages. Its against the teaching of Christ and His apostles. Male and Female God made man. it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

But civil ceremonies and laws protecting citizens from discrimination, we’re all Americans. This isn’t a theocracy, its a Republic. No problem with me. Most believers have moved on, we lost that battle in the secular arena long ago.

I disagree about the pope, its alleged he said what Catholics do not believe, that God made people gay. You can’t find that in the Catechism, you won’t find it in “The Christian Faith in the Doctrinal Documents of the Catholic Church”, 7th Enlarged Edition.

Its not Catholic tradition, or the Fathers. Certainly not in the NT. That is a foreign idea. As recently as 30 years ago it was accepted by most psychiatrists homosexuality was an illness that could be treated.

And I disagree calling homosexuality a sin is hate speech. I call heterosexual adultery sin, as well as fornication a sin, and I love the sinners.

The left has poisoned the public square with smears against anyone that disagrees with them, so it is they who get violent unless we agree with their error. We aren’t hurting anyone, its the left that’s out there rioting in the streets, beating people up, throwing feces on priests, invading our churches and protesting violently.

We are in start contrast. I don’t discriminate at all, I serve everyone and hire everyone without considering sexual orientation. Don’t care as long as they buy my product, or do the job right.

But I do care to retain my freedom of religion and fellowship in a church that still believes what Jesus and His apostles taught. That is my right. MANY of my faith died so I could have that right.

Context. God created man in His image Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

The RCC does not believe God created homosexual orientation, so IF he said it, it isn’t “Catholic” belief.

Yet as the pope, he should represent Catholicism.

Is the pope Catholic? Maybe not.

That is the “secret sauce” to their unity. Its amazing how diverse opinion can be as long as you accept the Catechism, and even that isn’t enforced 100%.

I once teased Catholics how “lazy” their Magisterium is. Over the past 1,500 years they have officially ruled on only 42 verses, usually “making senses” of them. Ruling the have more than one sense. End of dispute.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses “Magisterium” (aka Governing Body) has merged hundreds of texts into the Watchower polemic, thus effectively ruling on their meaning. And the have existed only about 150 years.

PS: Not implying the Jehovah’s Witnesses are doing better, the reverse is true. Just comparing “throughput” of two magisteriums, neither of which I believe.

Do you have a source for this accusation? Because I am not aware that the RCC ever taught this. If you are trying to describe the rhythm method of family planning, which came about around the 1930s, you are woefully inaccurate. Which along with some of your other statements about the RCC reveals you do not know then nearly as well as you seem to think you do.

Homosexuality is as much of a sin as heterosexuality is. Homosexuality like heterosexuality is a preference, neither are as action. If you wish to compare similar things, homosexual sex acts would compare to heterosexual sex acts like adultery. Having a preference is not a sin, sin happens when an action takes place.

Back on this, Jesus fulfilled the law. This OT passage no longer applies.

You are correct about my misunderstanding the Rhythm method. I retract my statement. That’s an isolated failure to do due diligence. The opinion was formed when I was a leftist, not given to look for facts.

Not as isolated as you would like to believe.

so your saying attraction to same gender is a sin?

999 more to go.

The logic still applies. Sperm eggs aren’t human life until conception, therefore birth control methods are not harming human life.

Once again, you display your ignorance about the Catholic Church and the reason why they do things.

But that begs the question, “who is to blame for it being ‘innate’?” (If indeed it is, I’m not convinced it is)

Why a particular person has a particular cross is a usually a mystery beyond human understanding, but each person has his own cross to deal with. Jesus made that clear:
Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. . . Matthew 16:24

Crosses come in many forms. For example, there is evidence for a genetic component to alcoholism. People have that trait may need to abstain completely from alcohol, while others have no issues with moderate drinking. That may be a cross that they have to deal with.

As you quoted from John about Jesus’s explanation of the reason for the man to have been born blind:
. . . it was in order that the works of God might be displayed in him. John 9:3

Perhaps if there were no personal crosses, there would be no opportunity to display the works of God.

Do they accept these methods now? Do we have the pope on record?

That isn’t the cross Jesus referred to. Its the one they hung Him on, that one.

It symbolizes the world’s rejection, and violence done against any who follow Christ.

Has nothing to do with alcoholism or sexual orientation. That is a secular adaptation of this saying having nothing to do with the Bible…