Is the Mueller team afraid to release the report?

I predict a thread like this every month until the report come out.

1 Like

Define “heroic.”

Amazing that there are people in this county that’d rather believe a guy who cheated on his wives, was born rich, and dodged the draft over someone who not only honorobly served in Vietnam but dedicated his entire life to public service.

1 Like

Seems heroic…

"On December 11, 1968, during an engagement in Operation Scotland II, he earned the Bronze Star with “V” device for combat valor for rescuing a wounded Marine under enemy fire during an ambush in which he saw half of his platoon become casualties.[22][23][24] In April 1969, he received an enemy gunshot wound in the thigh, recovered, and returned to lead his platoon until June 1969.[25]

For his service in and during the Vietnam War, his military decorations and awards include: the Bronze Star Medal with Combat “V”, Purple Heart Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals with Combat “V”, Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal with four service stars, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, and Parachutist Badge.[7][25][20][26]"

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out how a Ivy League guy who:

• wanted to enlist, but due to athletic injuries would not have been able to be deployed
  • waited a year for his knee to heal, then enlisted.
  • personally recovered and “patched up” at least two wounded men in prep for evac
  • Took a bullet, but stayed in Vietnam to lead his platoon
  • was, by the accounts of those who served with him, and outstanding leader and person
  • could have had a very prosperous life without having served

isn’t heroic.

Definition of heroic

(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : of or relating to courageous people or the mythological or legendary figures of antiquity : of, relating to, resembling, or suggesting heroes especially of antiquityheroic legendsthe heroic age

2a : exhibiting or marked by courage and daring It was a heroic decision.

b : supremely noble or self-sacrificing a heroic gesture received medals for their heroic actions

3a : of impressive size, power, extent, or effect a heroic voice

b(1) : of great intensity : EXTREMEheroic effort

(2) : of a kind that is likely only to be undertaken to save a lifeheroic surgery

I’m sure it has something to do with “he was just an officer” or something.

I’m sure the lies are like " I showed up at 9". FBI proves it was 8:55…

At least you admit that you don’t know the details

1 Like

…and neither do you.

Until we actually get to see something it’s all speculation.

It will be an embarrassment to him, and the person who started this ignorant investigation, since we wasted millions of taxpayer dollars, and have nothing substantive to show for it. Well, besides bankrupting people by forcing them to pay endless legal fees to defend themselves.

Hopefully one good thing will come from this, which is that the law might be amended, so that before any future Attorney’s General can start an investigation like this, they must cite a crime that was committed beforehand. This was a witch hunt, forever searching for a crime to justify its existence.

1 Like

Well, he mission was to find something on Trump in order to bring him down, to that end he threw out a huge dragnet, some of which is still in play.
I think you miss his mission a bit, it was never Just About collusion, it was to take Trump out, and best of all put him in the Roger Stone Chains and to jail. That is not over just yet.

Not heroic. I don’t believe anything Trump says.

That act was heroic.

Going to war doesn’t make one a hero. It makes one a soldier, in this case a Marine.

Trump is definitely not an American hero.

Actually, it is fairly clear that the basis of the mission were concerns among senior US counter-intelligence officials that Donald Trump’s behavior indicated he was acting in Russia’s best interests. The goal was to determine the truth of that. There were numerous reasons for this suspicion, starting with the report filed by an Australian diplomat about having been told about the support was being given by the Russian government to Trump’s campaign. The various claims in the Steele data came later, reinforced by the numerous times Trump campaign officials lied about contacts with Russia, the highly questionable performance of Michael Flynn and finally, Trump telling Lester Holt that he had fired James Comey to “end the Russia thing” which directly contradicted his administrations earlier statements.

You can chose to boil this down to “get Trump” but in any prosecutor’s office this would look like “probably cause.”

No one would suspect Trump’s relationship with Russia if Trump did not act so suspiciously – refusing to release his tax returns; lying about Trump Tower Moscow, bowing down before Putin in Helsinki. What the CEC has done is take the fact that people were suspicious and inflate that into “They were out to get Trump.” Play it that way if you wish. It is a shame how easily you denigrate the work of honorable professionals.

On the other hand, I have no idea why I am bothering to type this in a thread whose premise is that a Marine Corps veteran is acting out of cowardice. I have liked some of the Marines I’ve known more and some of the Marines I’ve known less, but I have never met a Marine whom I could imagine acting out of cowardice.

In a world where we take the notion of the cowardly Marine as our premise, any number of conspiracy theories can abound.

7 Likes

Did I claim he was a hero for simply going to war? Or are you deliberately ignoring all the other things I mentioned that make him a heroic American?

Not one of them has even tried.

FIFY

No it’s not speculation, we know for a fact that Flynn plead guilty. I also know that the lie that Flynn plead guilty to wasn’t something innocent like @Cratic3947 was trying to assert.

I continue to be impressed by your concise, penetrating insights.

There is not one crime related to Trump and Russia…

All about the Steele dossier bought by Hillary. Trump didn’t do that.