Is the much-hyped "sonic weapon" just crickets and mass hysteria?

Here are the theories behind the attacks. Some suggest they are not attacks.

1. Micro waves

2. Ultrasound

3. Crickets

4. Pesticides

5. Mass hysteria

Obviously there is no consensus.

CDC did a study and found no conclusive evidence pointing at a cause that was released due to a FOIA.

See the word “unresolved”

No one knows for sure.

Just guesses.

Allan

All the stories about a sonic weapon are from at least two year ago.
https://www.foxnews.com/search-results/search?q=sonic%20weapon

They continue to report on the concerns from the CIA and State Department. Here is recent story on the Havana Syndrome.

Similar things happened with reports about Hunter’s laptop before the election.

From the report, they studied 95 alleged instances of this syndrome.

There were 15 cases found and 31 possible cases and 49 not likely cases.

Something did happen. We just don’t know what.

Allan

Yes, I agree something happened.

If you tell all your employees to report common symptoms such a headache, insomnia, fatigue, etc. you will generate a lot of reports.

If you are looking for an excuse for retaliation, this approach could provide it.

If there is really recurring attacks using sound or some other weapon there should be physical evidence. Where is that evidence?

This story sounds a lot like the exaggerated reports about weapons of mass destruction used to justify the last Gulf War.

There are physical manifestations. Read the CDC link provided.

15 real cases, 31 possible cases, 49 not likely cases from the 95 individuals studied.

Allan

Here are the symptoms they were looking for:

A large fraction of the US population has one or more of these symptoms at any given time. In many cases the cause is not clear.

The evil Russians must be attacking the whole nation!

From the 95 studied.

Disorientation 5

Head pressure 6

Headache 10

Nausea 12

Auditory symptoms 10

Cognitive deficits 13

Vestibular disturbances 14

Vision changes 11

Well above the average.

Allan

Yes, the group was selected among the patients who reported symptoms.

The question is among the total population of employees who at the locations, were the symptoms higher than normal?

Even then, most of the symptoms are have no physical evidence. The question is whether people the higher incidence of reports is because people were told that they were likely to experience symptoms.

Image that you have two groups of people selected at random. The first group are told that they the room that they are sitting in may have been contaminated with a chemical that causes the symptoms. The second group goes into the same room but is not given this warning.

Which group is more likely to report symptoms?

Havana syndrome is thought to be caused by some kind of microwave weapon.

Microwaves are easily detected by electronic instruments. Given the number of reports, we should have physical evidence of an attack by now if there is anything. Where is the data?

There were reports during the Cold War of the Soviets sending microwaves into the US embassy, but the levels were far below that allowed in the US for workers at the time.

Similar levels of radiation come from modern cell phones and other electronic devices.

I thought the same thing, but it remains the top hypothesis.

Yes, it is impossible to prove that there have been no attacks especially given the lack of data.

On the other hand, there are plenty examples of the power of suggestion causing in symptoms in large numbers of people.

Yes, the symptoms in the list seem to be covered by those found in earlier outbreaks of mass psychogenic illness:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110606055745/http://www.aafp.org/afp/20001215/2649.html

The next logical step will be to blame the Russians for a psyop targeting Americans to make them sick.

The diplomats showing symptoms.

What the hell does that have to do with this?

Yes, there are symptoms. The symptoms are commonly found with outbreaks of psychogenic illness also known as mass hysteria or mass suggestion.

I have seen no burn marks, broken bones, bullet holes, or other physical evidence of injury. I have seen no data from instruments measuring high levels of ultrasound, microwaves, or other radiation.

The available data is consistent with the scenario that Dr. Bartholomew outlined in video in the OP. Why are the media failing to mention psychogenic illness as a likely source of the symptoms?

Where is the data to prove the assertions from the CIA and State Deparment?

The recent incident in Afghanistan shows the intel agencies were happy to claim that they had killed terrorists, but then they had to admit they were wrong when overwhelming evidence showed they they had killed innocent civilians.

Are they providing similar misinformation about the Havana syndrome?

There are sound weapons available for crowd control that don’t leave physical wounds.

Why would you go with mass hysteria or mass hypnosis before heretofore unknown technology?

Personally, I believe that it is your unmoored animus to the current administration and the agencies involved, as well as the media.

I am not saying these attacks happened; maybe you are right. But mass hysteria has the same credibility as alien abduction. You will need to do much better than uninformed speculation from “experts” that confirm your biases.

Sonic weapons should be easily detected by microphones.

Why did the government’s researchers conclude that recordings of the “sonic weapon” were noisy crickets?

The real question, is why is the CIA trying to claim that the Russians are attacking without showing any physical evidence?

It would not be first time that the CIA has tried to falsely accuse the Russians.

Are we really going to sanction the Russians for alleged attacks that turn out to be crickets and neurotic agents?

They are times right wing sources will post things left wing sources won’t post and vice versa. Both have and agenda and will both ignore or over report on issues that is important to their viewers.

I usually try to stick with Reuters or politico but during the migrant crisis in Europe for example to get a since of the true migration taken place it was hardily found outside of right wing sources. Same can be said about a police shooting it will get plenty of attention on the left less on the right.

1 Like

Only if someone is listening at the time of the attack. Also, maybe it’s not sonic.

That isn’t a conclusion, it’s a hypothesis.
It must be duplicated to even become a theory.

Please show physical evidence of “mass hysteria” or “mass hypnosis”.

The real real question is why have you glommed onto this alternate hypothesis so readily?

I believe it’s your personal apathy towards most of the actors: Biden, his administration, the media, and the State Department.

Yet no condemnation or suspicion for Cuba, China, and Russia. It is curious that you seem to lack empathy for your fellow Americans in the face of possible foreign, hostile attack. A less charitable person than me might think you were animated by personal animus. Weird.

And even if you/they are right, there is still no empathy. Again: weird.

Do you really believe that if our government had proof they would make it public at this point?
I have every confidence that our government have done their homework and know exactly what is going on.
As a kid I was reading books about using ultrasonic sound waves for all sorts of things including human torture and death. Sure it might be as simple as crickets. But I sure am not going to take a far right-wingnut’s word on that.