Is the Emoluments Clause "Phony"?

That assumes he actually knew it was part of the Constitution.

I would never do that.

1 Like

Oh, he is. He’s defending the REAL CONSTITUTION. Not the phony, emoluments-clause-including-fake-news-no-obstruction-no-collusion-libStitution!

Phonier than a 2 dollar bill.

Allan

The phony emoluments clause in the fake constitution.

I saw the so-called “constitution”. Ya right. That thing looked faker than the moon landing.

1 Like

did you notice how old is was? who would want to read anything that old?

Psh, you just rub coffee grounds on the paper and burn the ends and voilà it looks old. I seen them do that trick before with so called “dinosaur” bones.

Having “gone to the video tape” I think I can take a stab at trumpsplaining this.
What he ACTUALLY meant to say was… “with this phony emoluments clause [charge]”. He just left the last word out, but “everyone” knows what he really meant.

This will be the talking point… trust me on this.

3 Likes

Trump likes constitutions that don’t have emolument clauses in them.

1 Like

.!?!?!?!What are you talking about?

Where are those old republicans that used to brag about carrying a copy of the constitution in their pockets. I used to hear about that during the Tea Party days.

5 Likes

Tomorrow he’ll come out snd say he was “joking”…

1 Like

You can tell that’s true because in my version of the Constitution it was written in using a Sharpie.

4 Likes

Does he not believe it exists, or does he believe that it shouldn’t apply to his situation?

And which is worse? Abject ignorance or the critical reasoning/communication skills of a three year old?

1 Like

Woo hoo. Just heard Hannity is going to be interviewing Conman Donman on TV tonight. Please please please let Donny tell Hannity about the phony emoluments clause on Fox news.

I don’t have cable. Someone should make a live stream thread about it.

Hannity already said he’s going to TRY to get Trump to explain what he was REALLY trying to do in the Ukraine call wink wink.

Good luck with that.

2 Likes

Damage control.

3 Likes

Is emoluments even a real word? How does he know he’s not being punked?

2 Likes

And after making fun of the way he said that, did we notice that he was going to do it free?

I did.

I also noticed that the idea that it would be held for free was never part of the discussion until after it was realized this was very bad and the decision was made to cancel Doral as an option.

Kind of along the lines…

… … … “Your fired.”

… … … …“You can’t’ fire me I quit!!!”
.^^^^

2 Likes

He lies all the time. All.the.time. Not sure why anyone would believe him this time.

2 Likes