Is the Biden campaign based on a lie?

Feelings, not facts. And feelings directed at a poster, at that

Are BLM and Antifa and just plain people who oppose police brutality supposed to be absolved for choosing to march side by side with arsonists and murderers?

Oh. Please go on!

“Whatabout” noted.

If a poster goes up saying “join these murderers and arsonists” and people join with them, you’ll have a like comparison.

They were marching side by side with neo-nazis at the neo-nazi organized event whose sole intention was to promote the pro-white movement

2 Likes

Hypocrisy noted.

1 Like

You have yet to provide any

2 Likes

And they are marching side by side with thugs whose sole intention is to riot, burn and murder to promote anarchy.

Is this “mod hominem”?

1 Like

Then let me say it this way and I’ll drop this cuz I’m done but if Gates were here in Hannity Land and he treated you like he did that cop, he’d have a serious “time out” for contempt of mod…amirite? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Until the first riot, perhaps. After that, it is known. And the first riot was years ago.

No, it is not. Is there a mod note in that post? You don’t get to do that.

Nor did I call you anything.

Yes, anyone who remained once rioting broke is complicit in my mind. The difference I see is the Unite the Right rally started off as a pro-white movement while the BLM rallies started as one thing but turned into another

There a dozen reasons a person marching for racial justice and against police brutality is not the same as deliberately showing up to a white power rally, advertised as a white power rally, and marching with neo nazis.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t treat Gates like the cop did. Amirite? :sunglasses:

right. their agenda is purely political.

that simple

It was. It addressed the poster as a personal attack.

Can’t even believe it’s being argued. Thats exactly what is was.

1 Like

There is one reason why rioters, arsonists and murderers join a protest against police brutality. They are bad people mixing with the good.

In the other incident, there were good people mixing with the bad.

In both cases there were good and bad people on both sides.

Like the President said.

It seems you want to use a power sprayer on one side and an eyebrow brush on your side.

Doesn’t work that way.

Sure thing Sneaky-perhaps this excerpt from an USA Today article on July 20, 2016 will do the trick:

"The truth is, the president helped set the tone long ago for dealing with difficult discussions around race. It was in 2009, when he held the so-called “beer summit” with Harvard University Prof. Henry Louis Gates and Cambridge, Mass. police Sgt. James Crowley – the officer who responded to a call about a possible break-in at Gates’ house, and arrested Gates himself.

Obama got it right the first time he spoke about the incident, saying Cambridge police “acted stupidly” in arresting Gates after he had proved he was in his own home. Obama was slammed by law enforcement for his comments, and ultimately, the arrest was proven avoidable.

To quell the controversy, Obama embarked upon an adventure in respectability politics where he, Vice President Biden, Gates and Crowley yucked it up over drinks. They cleared the air and Crowley never apologized or admitted to overreacting. Crowley took no responsibility for understanding the race and class undertones that contributed to Gates’ angry response in his own home, supposedly a safe space. He was unmoved by any context other than his own discomfort in that moment.

That’s where things went wrong. The president surely knows what the problems are and can clearly articulate them. But in terms of optics, that “summit” told the nation that’s how to treat African Americans and their concerns: Dismissively, with no need for accountability, and a smile thrown in for show.

And that’s just what people like former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani are doing. Giuliani proved he could be a leader of all people, not just some, during the 9/11 aftermath. It boggles the mind that he would use his prodigious social capital to denigrate the Black Lives Matter movement as racist.

Crowley got a pass the same way we keep giving police departments a pass by not holding officers accountable or implementing reforms posthaste, as if lives — the blue ones, the black ones, all of them — depend on it."

The reporter here was Deborah Douglas is a Chicago-based journalist who teaches at The Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.

1 Like

Flag it.