Is the approval of the Pfizer vaccine based on flawed and/or fraudulent data?

The highly leaky COVID shot does not meet the CDC’s definition of a vaccine used until last summer.

Here is the old definition:

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease.

The CDC changed to this one since they recognized the COVID shots were not meeting their own definition of a vaccine:

Vaccine: A preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.

The attempt to use the federal government to force vaccinations is unprecedented, unconstitutional, and based on deceptions.

Use the J&J shot then.

That is not mRNA and should thus be good for the old definition of vaccine.

but I have this feeling that that is not the true objection.

The issue is not the type of shot.

The issue that none of them are effective at preventing disease. Jen Psaki is the latest example.

No vaccine is 100%… especially when there is still wide community spread.

So why is that standard applied to this vaccine and not the others ?

Schools don’t require flu shots, which are similarly leaky.

The Supreme Court upheld state laws mandating smallpox vaccinations. Smallpox vaccines are about 95% effective at preventing infection and immunity lasts a lifetime. Smallpox had a case fatality rate of about 30%, which is about 100 times that of COVID.

The Pfizer shot is only about 40% effective against the Delta variant, and its effectiveness evaporates rapidly after a few months. It is nothing like a smallpox vaccination.

Well… that doesn’t really answer that question now does it?

The Pfizer vaccine is showing to be 90% effective in children… so it does seem to meet that threshold of effectiveness.

Once again… I don’t see why there is a pushback against this vaccine being mandated but others are fine.

I have this sneaking suspicion that it has nothing to do with having consistent internal logic.

Pfizer claimed 95% effectiveness in adults, the real value is about 40%.

Why the difference? New variants bypass the shots. The trials only run for a few weeks. In addition the Pfizer vaccine has to be stored at extremely cold conditions, which is hard to maintain outside of a small trial.

On top of that Pfizer has a documented history of fraud and deception, and the FDA appears to be be more that happy to look the other way.

That was pre Delta… get a booster… it goes back up.

I can literally go anywhere and get a pfizer shot. There is no shortage of storage capacity in this country.

Do you think that the FDA is skimping on this? Why would they?

Everyone is going to get natural immunity eventually. At best the COVID shot just delay the inevitable and may reduce the risk of dangerous symptoms.

Yes, you can go anywhere and get the Pfizer shot. The question is whether it has been handled according the requirements below so it still works. You would be better off with a saline shot if it was mishandled.

https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/training-on-handling-storing-and-transporting-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-comirnaty-(tozinameran)

The FDA approval, not just emergency use authorization, normally takes several years. Of course they have been skimping.

Well… that seems like a great reason to get the shot then…

Thank you President Trump for cutting through the red tape.

But honestly… the shot has been given to millions of people… they have the real world data to look at.

It is safe and effective.

So… why is it again that other mandates are cool but this one isn’t?

Yeah, nothing says “trust the vaccine” like “get vaccinated or lose your job and be denied unemployment benefits.” :smirk:

There is still wide community spread because the vaccine is effective at preventing one from getting seriously ill or dying from the virus. It is not, however, very effective at preventing infection (because it does not kill the virus) and thus being capable of spreading the virus. In effect, it turns one into a Covid Mary. The appropriate question regarding being vaccinated is, which would you rather be, a Mary, or one of her victims? For me, the choice is obvious; others may chose otherwise. But the mandate will not end the spread of the virus regardless.

That is not true.

It is quite effective at lowering your chances to be infected if exposed.

For every 9 unvaccinated infections there are 0.9 breakthrough infections.

Not particularly. It does not kill the virus because it is designed to react to the protein, not the virus. Nobody knows how many vaccinated people became or are infected but were asymptomatic or had such a mild case because those people are rarely tested. But we do know from clinical experience that unvaccinated, asymptomatic and mild case people, shed the virus (read spread) as easily as seriously sick people. There is no evidence to show that vaccinated people are not just as infectious.

Your stat is immaterial. It does not identify who they were infected by and only tested people are counted. As I said, asymptomatic and mild case vaccinated people are very unlikely to be tested,

That whole idea that “it doesn’t kill the virus”
Is the biggest load of nonsense that I have heard.

That is a load.

I am just a dude on the internet and even I can see where the ignorance of how the immune system works lies in that post.

You are just spitballing.

Admit it.

Show me one study that says the vaccine kills the virus. Nowhere does the medical field refers to it as a sterilizing vaccine. All it does is prepare the immune system to recognize the protein shell on the virus and make antibodies that repel that protein … not the virus itself.

Why do you think Lord Fauci is so adamant about vaccinated people wearing masks?

1 Like

The vaccine doesn’t kill the virus but gives the immune system the antibodies to kill the virus.

Don’t you know how any of this works?

Oh you do.

So then …. Just being ignorant for internet points?

Hey libs, what the ■■■■ does being vaccinated protect us from? It obviously not COVID-19. I think it is to protect us from unvaccinated who probably are not sick and who probably do not have the virus.

COVID-19 can be contracted and probably is by vaccinated citizens who are fully vaccinated and may have even had their booster shot(s).

I am vaccinated because I thought it would protect me from the virus, but when a coworker who was vaccinated caught the breakthrough COVID infection, I think I was punked by government fascists.

Being vaccinated is a personal choice. Lets say no to ■■■■■■■ mandates.

That’s completely wrong. The antibodies produced in your body by introduction of the vaccine, attack the protein, not the virus. That response prevents the virus from getting into the target host cells (which is the function of the protein.) Thus the invaded body does not (usually) become seriously infected and, therefore, does not become overwhelmed by the immune system response to the virus. And when the virus cells are expelled from the body, they are still as virulent as they were when they invaded it.

Actually the vaccine does protect you from the effects of the virus, should you be exposed. You have about 1/15 th the chance of becoming seriously ill and even less of a chance of dying from Covid.