Is Roe V Wade going to be overturned?

He is proving out the good fortune of McConnell shelving his SCOTUS nomination.

4 Likes

Who are you talking about?

Republicans.

You’re saying Republicans in power might cancel elections and stay in office indefinitely because Democrats are so awful?

It’s crossed my mind, yes. But then it’s crossed it about democrats as well. Except their fears are groundless.

Seems like a contradiction to me. If Republicans cancel elections and assume permanent power, wouldn’t that prove Democrats’ fears of an authoritarian right are not groundless?

Didn’t say I believed both things at the same time.

I’m not following. What two things?

That one party or the other was afraid enough of the other side to refuse to leave power.

If it ever happens, it won’t be because of fear.

One of the surest ways for it to happen is for one side to be afraid the other will jail a bunch of them if given a chance. That’s fear based.

Okay, but what in recent history would make them think they’d actually be held accountable for anything? There are no consequences for the elite. Despite what they say, it’s much more likely they would be motivated by the same things that Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were motivated by in 2016 and 2020: lust for power.

Let’s see if they start indicting politicians over jan 6

2 Likes

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Do 38 states have laws allowing the prosecution of the murder of the unborn child as well as the mother?

1 Like

And now there’s this:

Wouldn’t it be something if the HOV lane was the case that decided it? :rofl:

3 Likes

She should be required to pay the ticket.

Current law – even in her state – does not recognize the baby in utero as a passenger.

Just as the Greiner woman defied Russian law and now faces the penalty, so this pregnant woman deliberately defied current law.

I give her credit for moxie. In a sense this was civil disobedience. And as with any civil disobedience, the protester needs to be ready to pay the penalty for the law s/he defies.

Might want to check the link.

I am so happy that your positions do not dominate any platform. Ecstatic even.

Well you would wrong about that.

1 Like