Is our Senate Democrats learning?

Apparently so! After decades of bad faith from Republican Senators, it seems like they just might be catching on. We saw this movie most prominently during the ACA, with Republicans pretending to negotiate with no intention of offering anything tangible and just dragging it out and humming things up.

So this is nice to see:

Basically, it’s “OK, you say have something to negotiate? Put something tangible on the table right now or ■■■■ off we’re doing this through reconciliation.”

It’s so fun and rewarding watching them learning and figuring things out.

2 Likes

Relief was never the question? The question was who the relief was for? Was it for the common man, that’s been negatively affected by this virus or are we talking about local and state governments, who have mismanaged their budgets long before COVID and are using this virus as an excuse to get financially bailed out, for decades of monetary mismanagement?

1 Like

Yep, exactly on time, there’s the dangling of the theoretical possibility of compromise that no one believes from the GOP so why waste everybody’s time.

1 Like

So now the GOP needs to compromise? Lol… I must have missed your calls for democrats to compromise on anything.

4 Likes

How about we give dems the exact same amount of compromise they were willing to give the past four years?

Sound good?

2 Likes

It’s about realizing that Republicans in the Senste are incapable of negotiating in good faith. So instead of letting empty, bad faith promises gum up the works, it’s “OK, put it on the table”. If not then get the ■■■■ out.

1 Like

Both sides are incapable of negotiating in good faith. It’s been like that for decades.

Almost like they finally learned from getting punked repeatedly through the Obama years.

3 Likes

Push it down their throat. If repubs won’t work with dems, plow ahead. I’m sick of dems being weak on this. You have the power, use it. Get stuff done. Ignore the non sense from mitch and others. GET IT DONE!!!

3 Likes

Yes, it’s a ridiculous amount of bad faith on both sides at times.

That being said, I just find it funny libs think this is a new dem tactic and they suddenly learned how to be jackwagons and use reconciliation. :wink:

2 Likes

Sure. Remember though, at some point you will be in the minority and those words may come back to bite libs in the ass. Unless of course they have selective memory problems…again.

I don’t believe that will ever be permitted again. We’re the United States of California now.

2 Likes

They never learn that their overreach isn’t welcomed for very long. Right now the heady honeymoon stage is going on. That shine is going to wear off.

Not if the majority of media outlets refuse to cover policy failures or overreach, while the tech companies remove anything that puts Democrats in a bad light.

yes. that was just 1 month ago when dems were in minority. do you want them to play nice now? i don’t think so. GET IT DONE!!!

2 Likes

:+1:

I’m under no illusion in that area. That unemployment line is a real eye opener for many.

1 Like

Well, John Kerry says they can just install solar panels, so we’ll hear that for the next eight years.

How about we give dems the exact same amount of compromise they were willing to give the past four years?

Sound good?

That guy is such a Homer. :rofl: :rofl:

The ACA was passed through reconciliation in 2010 after the defeat of the pro ACA Senate candidate in Massachusetts…and now they think “long suffering” Democrats have just discovered it?

4 Likes