Is Obama responsible for today's hate?

He certainly turned some folks against police officers as well. I suspect some of the police shootings were a result.

This thread isn’t about race relations. That’s a personal thing. I don’t believe that politicians turn good people bad or bad people good. That’s personal. But my own race relations are excellent. How are yours?

Presidenting while black.

6 Likes

Yes, he did insult them a time or two.

It started with his bigoted screw up that required a beer summit to make amends and went downhill from there.

1 Like

Don’t be such a bigot. You’re better than this.

1 Like

I didn’t bring up race relations… but I am curious.

Is there a top ten list of Obama insults that upset you so to start this thread?

Here is an easy one. How about a top ten list of insults from Clinton. Now that should be easy.

Was it right for Henry Louis Gates to be arrested?

No I’m not.

I’m trying to fit in around here.

I’m not getting into a chase- your-tail-lib-around. You asked and I plainly answered you.

Everybody is a follower of Alinsky nowadays.

It’s why you believe Governor Whitmer is a dictator wannabe as opposed to merely disagreeing with some of the things she has chosen to limit during the lockdowns.

You became a follower of Alinsky the second you started believing that people who disagreed with you philosophically/politically were not just wrong, but evil and deliberately out to destroy the country.

7 Likes

Hillary would have been just as bad or worse. Obama learned about Alinsky from his book but Hillary learned from Alinsky himself.

She used to meet with him while she was in college. Probably explains why she is such a nasty character. At least partly explains.

I share that opinion. Obama said some really condescending lines about Republicans that I feel Democrats never truly owned up to because they shared his view about them. No one likes being looked down on and it won’t persuade them to vote for you.

We are three years separated from his presidency. There is only a sliver of blame for him in my mind for where we are today. President Trump is supremely adapt at inspiring hatred for himself and others.

Obama was right about that one.

1 Like

Absolutely not.

Well the thing is that what is act the crux of the issue is if one agrees or disagrees with the validity of the arrest of Henry Louis Gates.

If one agrees with the validity of the arrest then the police acted in a fair manner and were in the right. If one disagrees with the validity of the arrest then the police did not act in a fair manner and were in the wrong… or acting stupidly for arresting and charging a man with disorderly conduct in their own home.

If there is no police overreach for arresting a man in his own home and dropping the charges five days later, then I guess President Obama’s opinion, when asked for it by the press the day after the charges were dropped, of the police acting “stupidly” is wrong.

So… was the arrest of Henry Louis Gates fair and just? Or was it police overreach?

He was right about how the arresting officer acted stupidly.

Not 100% sure the officer acted stupidly because Gates was black.

“I’ve seen this before. Broke into a house and hung up pictures of his family everywhere.”

“Let’s sprinkle some crack and get out of here, Johnson.”

4 Likes

The officer disagrees with you and sounds very professional regarding the circumstances. His POV is in the first 2 minutes.

Here’s the call from the caller to 911. There’s enough there that the officer had legitimate questions when dealing with Mr. Gates but Mr. Gates was combative, uncooperative and beligerent to the point he was arrested.

1 Like

What a dumb post… especially after 3.5 years of Trump.

6 Likes