Is Kabul 2021 becoming Saigon 1975?

Barack ain’t havin’ it…

4 Likes

He’s probably mortified at the incompetence in the Biden regime that allowed this to go down like it did.

A lot of his old staffers have came out and criticized the response to this. Barack is a Democrat through and through, though. Probably doesn’t want to openly criticize his ideological successor.

For what it’s worth, I think Obama would have done a better job with this.

2 Likes

You were pro withdrawal from A Stan like extremely recently.

Obama left 9,500 there for a reason.

I think he actually read the reports from NATO field commanders about joint ops with the Afghan National army. He knew the ANA was only a fighting force on paper.

The dude is probably real upset about this.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Are you deliberately not getting it?

I am still for “withdrawal” from A-stan. This isn’t a “withdrawal”, it’s a goat rope.

2 Likes

Check your premise, there is no conflict.

When did we stop “Being ahead”?

They’re following Trump’s thing you vocally supported because the only other option was to send more soldiers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/08/15/afghanistan-military-collapse-taliban/

Paywall, but here are some excerpts; corruption and bribery led to the Afghan governments fall. Someone in intelligence should have known this was going to happen.

Over the next year and a half, the meetings advanced to the district level and then rapidly on to provincial capitals, culminating in a breathtaking series of negotiated surrenders by government forces, according to interviews with more than a dozen Afghan officers, police, special operations troops and other soldiers.

“Some just wanted the money,” an Afghan special forces officer said of those who first agreed to meet with the Taliban. But others saw the U.S. commitment to a full withdrawal as an “assurance” that the militants would return to power in Afghanistan and wanted to secure their place on the winning side, he said. The officer spoke on the condition of anonymity because he, like others in this report, was not authorized to disclose information to the press.

The Doha agreement, designed to bring an end to the war in Afghanistan, instead left many Afghan forces demoralized, bringing into stark relief the corrupt impulses of many Afghan officials and their tenuous loyalty to the country’s central government. Some police officers complained that they had not been paid in six months or more.

“They saw that document as the end,” the officer said, referring to the majority of Afghans aligned with the government. “The day the deal was signed we saw the change. Everyone was just looking out for himself. It was like [the United States] left us to fail.”

An Afghan special forces officer stationed in Kandahar who had been assigned to protect a critical border crossing recalled being ordered by a commander to surrender. “We want to fight! If we surrender, the Taliban will kill us,” the special forces officer said.

“Don’t fire a single shot,” the unit’s commander told them as the Taliban swarmed the area, the officer later recounted. The border police surrendered immediately, leaving the special forces unit on its own. A second officer confirmed his colleague’s recollection of the events.

Unwilling to surrender or fight outmatched, the members of the unit put down their weapons, changed into civilian clothing and fled their post.

“I feel ashamed of what I’ve done,” said the first officer. But, he said, if he hadn’t fled, “I would have been sold to the Taliban by my own government.”

Sure looks like we lost the lead way before Biden took over…

Biden has officially blamed the Afghan failures of his admin on Trump! Dude let’s 2 bit dictators slaughter people in Cuba, let’s one of the worlds largest terror organizations get a foothold, let’s Covid hit all time highs! Can this dude get anything right? Inflation rising, stock market dropping! Not to mention illegal immigration is at a 25 yr high! Boy those mean tweets! I hope people got what they wanted.

2 Likes

he’s pathetic. plain and simple

2 Likes

Yep right about the time that the Taliban realized that Biden was serious about not honoring the signed Agreement they had with Trump.

1 Like

" Over the next year and a half , the meetings advanced to the district level and then rapidly on to provincial capitals, culminating in a breathtaking series of negotiated surrenders by government forces, according to interviews with more than a dozen Afghan officers, police, special operations troops and other soldiers."

■■■■ was going downhill way before Biden.

All we did was delay the return to Islamist “normalcy” for 20 years.

Yes, an entire generation of Afghan people have tasted liberty of some sort, but they will be hammered down into compliance soon enough.

It has been this way among these people since the book of Genesis. It will not go away.

4 Likes

which part did he not honour?

No. Not really.

Of course. Why do you think Trump negotiated the agreement?