Is Jesus narrow minded?

As far as I know, I’m the only fundamental Baptist in the forum. I’m also a conservative. Because of these two things, I have been called many things. Bigot, racist, misogynist, homophobe, xenophobe, hater etc.

I’m none of these, just a guy who accepts the truth of the Bible, specifically the King James, as it is written. I believe not MY words, but God’s word and I, as a Christian, am called to proclaim and uphold that truth regardless of what others think.

I’ve been called narrow minded because I reject what other Christians believe and proclaim what science " proves." I believe that God does not change and so neither does his word. What was sin then is still sin now and what was true then is true now. If this makes me narrow minded for seeing things one way, consider the words of Jesus in Matthew 7:14 “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”

“Narrow is the way”. Seems pretty clear not all beliefs lead to that narrow path and strait gate.

What say you?

2 Likes

everyone alive at the time would be classed as “Narrow Minded”, we don’t live in the same world/society.

Westboro Baptists believe the Bible is unchanging and literal, like you. Their message is predicated on the notion of attempting to save people from their sins.

Eh. This is complicated.

I wouldn’t necessarily say single minded. You have the courage of your convictions.

You’re not right or wrong. We each have a frame of reference. Yours differs from mine, and mine from yours.

“God’s Word” changes every time a human translates an old text or decides to modernize the bible.

Is Jesus “narrow minded” yes, He says the only way to the Father is through him.

There’s nothing wrong with being narrow minded when it comes to sin, redemption, and forgiveness. Believe what you will, it is your right but don’t expect the door to be opened to those who don’t follow the rules.

1 Like

I always distrust people who know so much about what God wants them to do to their fellows. Susan B. Anthony

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. Susan B. Anthony

2 Likes

Hope you don’t eat shellfish. If you do, you’re no better than those who engage in ■■■■ sex.

Hope you don’t eat shellfish. If you do, you’re no better than those who engage in ■■■■ sex…

The only way to be “better” than someone who engages in anal sex, is to have all of your past sins expunged by the sacrifice of Christ. Then you are perfectly clean in God’s sight. Without that cleansing, a liar is just as unclean before God as a murdering, child-raping cannibal.

No Christian is going to be condemned for breaking Mosaic laws that Jesus has not carried over into his New Covenant. That includes eating shellfish

Mark 7:19
“Since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?”

Narrow is the path of Introspection.

1 Like

… I notice it always coincides with their own desires. Susan B. Anthony…

S. B. A. Doesn’t seem to have had much contact with people who believe in God.

So homosexuals just have their last rites read to them and they will be fine.

Having last rites read to you does not make you repentant, nor a believer in Christ. Sorry, but you don’t understand the Gospel

1 Like

If you violate one part of God’s law believing you are upholding another, you violate all. The Westboro people proclaim a lie. God does not hate people, he loves them. IMO, they aren’t Christian at all and give Christians, especially Baptists, a bad name. But then, so have many throughout history.

1 Like

In the book of Malachi, God does say " I change not…" Do we set the standard or does God?

Actually, I don’t like shellfish, but that prohibition was given to the Jews, not Gentiles. Jews were under a different covenant. What Jews and Christians do have in common though is the inability to keep our side of the covenant. That’s the wonderful side of the Gospel… God’s mercy, grace and forgiveness. We’re lost without it!

1 Like

Sorry but she’s spot on.

Yet He does seem to change His mind…

Exodus 32:14 KJV
And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

1 Like

Yet, if there is no constant standard, how do we ever determine what the standard is supposed to be?

Since man wrote the bible, we do.