Is Ivermectin an existential threat?

This guy died from covid-19 over the weekend. Led countless anti-mask/anti-vax rallies, leaves behind three kids and a wife that’s expecting his fourth. He balked at everything offered to mitigate the virus, but didn’t hesitate to take Ivermectin. I’m at loss to explain why “the vaccines aren’t approved by the FDA!” was such a rallying cry, while it’s perfectly ok to take vet meds that also aren’t approved by the FDA. Even Trump is telling his voters to take the shot, yet this is still happening.

1 Like

From what I understand, the vaccine still isn’t approved.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

WW

1 Like

I stand corrected.

1 Like

Good show.

WW

2 Likes

There are 63 studies on ivermectin and a couple of meta analyses. Ivermectin has been used for years all over the world. In 2015 two ivermectin researchers received the Nobel prize in Medicine for ivermectin work. It is on the WHO list of world’s most essential medicines. The vaccines, on the other hand, are different than any other vaccine ever used in the world. Studies have not been completed on them, especially in children and pregnant women. There’s over 14,000 deaths in the US and hundreds of thousands of adverse reactions. Including myocarditis, guillain-barre, blood clots , stroke, and other neurological problems. Many more deaths and adverse reactions than all other vaccines combined, the most in history. And instead of treating covid appropriately, people have been sent home and told to take tylenol and drink fluids and to return if they get sicker. Early treatment with hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin (and other things that go along with the protocol) could have saved many lives. New information from Israel shows people are MUCH more likely to die of the Delta variant after the vaccine. Should we just keep vaccinating people and giving them boosters when the efficacy of vaccines is going down all the time?? Recent data from countries all over the world are showing highest cases in the most vaccinated countries. In the UK, 54% of recorded Delta deaths were in vaccinated people.

Not necessarily.

It has been asserted that what got approval and what has been in use are different.

It’s not a lie in any way, shape or form.

It stimulates the immune system by presenting it with a noninfectious agent just like a “normal” vaccine does.

Your argument is emotional.

Show us your bona fides that provide evidence you actually understand either the mechanism of the vaccine or the components that go into the vaccine.

I’m not asking for an advanced immunology, virology or biology degree.

Just some evidence you actually understand how it works.

3 Likes

I did not say daily use. Have taken as a prophylactic, every 10-14 days. The correct amount for my body weight. If I get covid I will take daily for 3-5 days, adding additional meds as needed, such as hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, zinc, vitamins C and D, quercetin, aspirin and a melatonin. The half life of ivermectin is 24 hours, so daily long term use is not advised.

Actually I stated very clearly that I take every 10 days or so.

Maybe you’d care to explain how it treats a viral infection?

How many studies have been done about that horse dewormer doing ■■■■■■■ anything to a virus?

Let me fill in the story: at some point, someone about five to eight years ago was like, well, maybe there could be a use for it in preventing viral infection and that is bloody it. No studies have shown literally anything of the sort, not even quack studies.

1 Like

Now tell the people the rest.

Half life is 18 hours for ivermectin. It’s out of your system in 3-4 days. At least you’re “protected” for that long with that 10-14 day regimen.

Good luck with the voodoo. Take comfort in not being alone.

And worm free to boot. :wink:

Estimates vary. I saw the 18hours, also saw 12-36 hours.

Probably have better results invoking Baron Samedi than using horse paste.

2 Likes

That’s insane. A judge dictating medical treatment. The guys doctor prescribed 30 mg a day for 3 weeks. That works out to 630 mg. The recommended dose for a 170 lb male is 15 mg. Once. 15 mg for an entire year. In severe cases you can add additional doses up to 60 mg for a year. Those are those doses which have been tested and are safe. A judge is forcing a hospital to give a guy over 10 times the maximum yearly dose in three weeks.

1 Like

I am sure this means something…to the poster…hmmm