Is it time to move beyond Covid talking points?

Then they should keep their masks on and social distance. For fully vaccinated people, this is not needed.

Welcome to the internet, you must be new here.

1 Like

Maybe. But it’s a little off topic. The infection rates have always been out there for all to see. What about this?

The talking point claims that vaccinated people must wear masks because they are still at risk of getting or transmitting Covid. Data to support or debunk this claim should be starting to come in.

Let’s see it.

So should you.

I’m not new to manners. Speak for yourself. Blaming the internet for one’s personal rude behavior is pretty sketchy. You cab do better. We all can.

I think you are right about what we will learn, but the variants might throw us a curve ball. I hope not.

Honestly, I think some of this delay over telling vaccinated americans they can ditch the mask is, once they do that, unvaccinated people will start ditching the mask too, just claiming to everyone that they are vaccinated…

Cynical, I know, but I bet that is part of it here.

But whatever - I have my vaccinations and and very happy about that. Happy to wear a mask a little longer till we know 100% that I won’t be a vector for deadly covid to an unvaccinated neighbor, friend or relative.

[quote=“FloridaYankee, post:45, topic:238727, full:true”]

That’s a talking point. Why would I do that if they are unwilling to supply the data that shows I am a significant risk? I need a little more than empty words.

Thank you for making my point.

Or claim they’ve already had Covid.

I know many like that now.

Sure…

[quote=“altair1013, post:48, topic:238727, full:true”]

They are giving the best advice they can based on current knowledge. That you think they are hiding information in some kind of ■■■■■■■■ conspiracy krap is your problem.

I think this think is even crazier than that.

I know a few people who had Covid pretty badly - like 2 weeks of a high fever, lots of coughing and congestion etc… and never gave it to anyone in their household, or to people they worked with in close quarters, despite them certainly being contagious…like a day before sympotoms, they were in a room with a co worker for 10 hours no masks, co worker didn’t get it.

I also know a family who is super careful - like CRAZY careful. Dad and daughter got Covid - daughter asymptomic, but had to be the vector to dad because dad quite literally never left the house. No one else in the family got sick.

All anecdotal but, I know a bunch of wacky stories…the virus just doesn’t seem to behave just one way.

Well, I have seen and read two different schools of thought on this. And until I hear definitively one way or the other, I will continue to air on the side of caution.

How can you be missing my main point? Don’t over think this. I thought you had grasped it. I’M NOT ASKING FOR ADVICE.

I am asking to see the trends of Covid vaccinated people getting infected with Covid. Is there any trend at all? What is the rate of hospitalizations? What are you so afraid to see that info? And why does it offend you that I do want to see it?

We really only have about 12-14% of the population totally vaccinated. It’s going to take a few months to collect the data.

And the date re: vaccinated people being vectors is going to be very hard to collect.

Probably be faster to just wait till we hit 50% vaccinated and then start telling vaccinated people to ditch the mask. That day is gonna be closer than the data you are looking for.

All that has been said is that group has a zero fatality rate from covid 19. That’s all that is available at this time. You are demanding something that doesn’t exist yet(in finished form at least) and blathering about coverups and conspiracies. You’ll get the information same time as everybody else.

Definitely not. Nope.

124 million doses have been administered, fully vaccinating over 44 million people

Some of these people were vaccinated weeks or months ago.

That is an enormous focus group. They could start trending this right now. For example. If there have been zero people hospitalized for Covid after being fully vaccinated, then masking for vacinated people is useless.

This bears repeating.

124 million doses have been administered, fully vaccinating over 44 million people

Some of these people were vaccinated weeks or months ago.

That is an enormous focus group. They could start trending this right now. For example. If there have been zero people hospitalized for Covid after being fully vaccinated, then masking for vacinated people is useless.

44/330 = 13%

The issue isn’t the vaccinated people getting sick - well, that is one issue with the variants. But rather, the main unknown is, can you still catch and transmit the virus with or without getting sick?

CDC website says there is some indication that you can not, but the research is on going.

The vulnerable population has already been vaccinated. If they are protected by the vaccine, then they should be allowed to resume life. If they are not, let’s see some data to back it up.

For example, of the millions of people who were vaccinated two months ago, how many have been hospitalized for the Rona? If that number is zero or near zero, why are vaccinated people wearing masks?

I just want to know the number. Is there anything wrong with that?

How can the entire vulnerable population be vaccinated if we only have vaccinated about 13% of the country?

They are collecting the information you are looking for but with so few people vaccinated, it will take some time.

Vaccinated people are already going back to normal. Gathering with others, indoors without masks. CDC recomends that as fine with other vaccinated people or even other unvaccinated pods.

I think it’s smart to move slowly so we don’t screw this reopening up.