Is it time to immediatly resume in person debates?

Hatch Act.

5 U.S.C. § 7324

(a)An employee may not engage in political activity—

. . .

(2)

in any room or building occupied in the discharge of official duties by an individual employed or holding office in the Government of the United States or any agency or instrumentality thereof;

No, the President is not included under “employee” - but everyone else in the White House is.

Yes. But today he was cleared by his doctor. Me thinks he is more qualified to make this decision than you armchair docs. So there’s that.

1 Like

Sure, I would be down with that.

Sounds about right.

2 Likes

I thought so. What is the definition of “political activity” in the Hatch Act and who else was doing it?

If I were a Biden supporter, I’d make up excuses too. :sunglasses:

Now say it…yum, yum, yum…orange man baaa, baaa, baaad…amirite? :sunglasses:

Setting up a political rally on the White House lawn is most certainly a “political activity” - and every single person involved in organizing and setting up the event is “doing it”.

I agree. His test showing negative should be shown and then…let’s get ready to rumble. :sunglasses:

You are allowed to believe everything that comes out of the White House in regards to Trump’s condition.

I think you’ll find that you’re in the minority, though.

The debate was scheduled for Thursday, he should get a test Tuesday and another Wednesday. If they are both negative. He should call a press conference, walk out with a hammer and tack, tack them to the podium and walk off without saying a word.

Redacted of course.

In your opinion. What does the law say.

Might want to look at precedence as well.

Oh the debate commission administers the test, just FYI.

And you are allowed to construct various alternative narratives.

That was the CPD, not ‘libs’. And ya boi seemed very anxious to weasel out of participating.

I showed you what the law says.

Have you shown me the law’s definition of “political activity”?

This is way too important to play games. After it shows negative though…the debate should be reinstated…in person.

The law does not define “political activity”.

It is self-explanatory.

Biden is probably negotiating to get Chris Wallace as moderator/debater again.

1 Like