Is it time for the democratic party to start supporting the police?

I had to do a double check to ensure I was in the same forum when I saw this thread. Thread after thread with Trump supporters taking a crap all over the DOJ, then this thread appears. Weird. “Others must respect law enforcement, even though we think they’re corrupt as hell.”

I like how the very simple question is not answered.

Well then you should stop doing it.

Why do you think the democrats pre convicted Darren Wilson? And never apologized after ruining an innocent man’s life?

They didn’t do that.

The Democratic Party should work with police. They should work to de militarize a lot of elements of the police that has risen up in the past few decades.

One way that this can be achieved is by completely re-engineering the drug policy in this country.

We need better police way more than we need more police.

I don’t usually do the what if game.

It’s as much of a game as the OP.

You made a claim about how young african americans think and learn about police. So, yes, I’m testing your claim. What do you know about being a young AA in the USA?

Too many times, that does not happen.

And as white men…we really cannot imagine what it is like. We can try…but living with that for 20,30,40 years…does have an effect on people.

Spoken like someone who’s never been on the wrong side of the law.

1 Like

Calling for reform and increased involvement in communities is supporting the police, by trying to help communities come together and prevent further tragedy.

Pretending everything is perfect isn’t supporting anything

I would tell people that the police are not out to harm you. If confronted by a police officer, simply be respectful and compliant and you will not be injured. Good idea?

So Virginia?

I would tell people that the police are not out to harm you. If confronted by a police officer, simply be respectful and compliant and you will not be injured. Good idea?

No it’s not. He has a legit question. Many dems appear to dislike the police.

1 Like

Gee. Don’t these ladies seem sooooo open minded? :roll_eyes:

Being polite would go a long way.