Is it time for Biden to "man up" and commit to an audit of the election?

That is the main problem I see with it. Who would both sides trust? Drawing a blank.

1 Like

Ultimately it is the House of Representatives who will certify the election. Evidence of impropriety should be forwarded to the various Secretaries of States and/or to the House.

That’s like not trying to put your house fire out because you didn’t start it.

No it’s like me accusing you of tax fraud without proof, and nosing it all over the public and demanding you submit to as many audits as it takes until I prove my non-existent case, and you trying to have us believe you would willingly submit to that.

The burden isn’t on you to prove yourself innocent.

The burden isn’t to prove Trump’s accusations wrong. The burden is for Trump to prove his accusations have merit.

Until then, it’s noise.

If you can’t understand that the solution to dealing with a screaming child is not to coddle him, I’m not sure what to say.

7 Likes

Odd - there have already been several court cases that have been dismissed because Trump’s lawyers showed up and had to admit they didn’t have this so - called evidence of massive voter fraud.

I think I’ll put my faith in the court system to adjudicate whether there is any “massive fraud” or not. They work on facts and evidence - not allegations brought forward on Twitter without evidence.

No.

The Times Called Officials in Every State: No Evidence of Voter Fraud

The president and his allies have baselessly claimed that rampant voter fraud stole victory from him. Officials contacted by The Times said that there were no irregularities that affected the outcome.

4 Likes

Bad analogy, my rights are constitutionally protected, whose rights would be violated by an audit of the vote?

what you fail to see is, if even a fraction of the people who feel they are disenfranchised decide to cause trouble, everyone will suffer, greatly. You are assigning blame while there is smoke coming out of your house instead of calling the fire department.

1 Like

The principle is the same.

The burden of proof is on Trump to prove his accusations have merit, not for us to coddle and enable every screaming child who feels like an election was unfair because he lost.

How you don’t understand this is beyond me.

2 Likes

The hypocricy is hilarious, but unsurprising.

king George approves this message.

1 Like

There should be an audit. I don’t subscribe to massive fraud notions, but agree that to quell concerns, we triple check everything. We’ve been told ‘expect to wait to find out results’ -so ok we wait. Its 2020, I expect nothing less except that things may yet get worse.

1 Like

The only concerns about fraud are coming from loser Trump and people in his corner. How did that 2016 voter fraud commision work out again?

Here’s the thing, that is a lot of people.

You think they’d whine about fraud if Trump won?

Yep…our Republic is doomed.

According to this wisdom, a full scale audit of an election is required any time anyone cries “FRAUD” for any reason whatsoever.

We must indulge every person who runs a race and loses, no matter whether their claims have merit or not.

Someone makes an accusation…we have to prove it false…they don’t have to prove it true.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s relevant, again, running around assigning blame while smoke pours out the window.

What smoke, the smoke coming out of Orange Man’s ears because he’s getting fired?

Theres no evidence of wide-spread fraud.

1 Like

How it’s going:

2 Likes

Ask yourself what the possible outcomes of not doing it may be. Now I know some liberals like to fantasize about cons rising up or trying secede only to be immediately crushed by the all mighty fed. But that isn’t how that would go. It would be long and bloody on both sides, destructive of existing infrastructure and collapse the economy. Blame the cost on Trump and Republicans if you like. But put out the fire before it’s out of control.

But see, every accusation, no matter what evidence or lack of evidence is behind it, must be given every indulgence.

This is the logic.

Trump yells “FRAUD!”

He doesn’t have to prove this accusation true…we have to prove it false by having a full-scale audit of the election.

Guilty until proven innocent is the new mantra from some Trump supporters, it seems.

The accusation is all that’s needed.

1 Like