Is insulting the voter a smart thing to do?

He’s not here. I’m not looking for answers from politicians. I want to know how the forum members feel. Most of them are punting to Trump as they do nearly 100 percent of the time. I’m asking you to lose your unhealthy Trump obsession for a minute AND GIVE ME YOUR OPINION. Is that too much to ask?

Is there any benefit for anyone to insult the voter? It’s quite prevalent now. Celebrities and ordinary folks do it without a second thought. What is to gain from insulting the voter?

1 Like

You are the one in the OP talking about candidates, voters, and provided a politician as an example.

Sorry President trump is included by calling voters human scum.
.WW, PHS

2 Likes

And Hillary called me a racist, sexist deplorable. Bit I didn’t cry. SO I ASK YOU.

Is there any benefit for anyone to insult the voter? It’s quite prevalent now. Celebrities and ordinary folks do it without a second thought. What is to gain from insulting the voter?

AND GIVE ME YOUR OPINION. Is that too much to ask?

Wait. You didn’t?

I don’t answer any questions until you answer the original question. After that, we can move on to judging each other. Fair enough?

** GIVE ME YOUR OPINION.** Is that too much to ask?

Trumpers get revved up when Donald refers to me as Human Scum.

So yes, he gains.

1 Like

Did you know that most of the insults are aimed AT Trump voters, not by them? For example, by using the term “Trumpers” Where does that get you? Do you think it will shame people into voting for Joe? How does it help your cause? This is the basis of the tread. And it’s been hard as hell for me to get an actual reply.

1 Like

There clearly is no real downside to it.

2 Likes

In my opinion there are two downsides. First of all, it prevents the person using the insult from dealing with and getting past their anger. It makes them even more angry. And. Any chance that you ever had of convincing a Trump voter to see things your way has been squandered. People never reconsider their views after being insulted… It’s very risky. The deplorables speech certainly did nothing to help Hillary.

2 Likes

that was used in reference to conniving “never trumper” republican diplomats coming out against him during the sham impeachment inquiries. i sincerely doubt you were one of them

did you think it was in reference to any old voter in america who doesnt like trump?

wonder how you were made to think that.

wonder why you so easily did

1 Like

Oh. Who cares.

who cares that you face planted again?

probably no one.

I have no idea what all that argle bargle was about, and I don’t care.

I doubt anyone else does either

1 Like

whenever you get proven wrong you say this same stupid crap.

Lol Good Lord.

Seriously, no one cares.

My, how soon we forget…

I respectfully disagree that “everyone OWNS their behavior.” One of the most masterful things about Trump is that he knows how to play his audience. In the context of this thread, attacking voters of both parties has been an issue; Trump has most of his supporters convinced that it is only the left that does it. He is a smart man playing to a willing constituency. He has people convinced that he doesn’t have to own anything, really. To the average Trump supporter, his actions and behavior are all acceptable for any number of reasons.

1 Like

I own mine. Who owns yours?

Aren’t politicians allowed to vote? That seems very strange if true.