Is insulting the voter a smart thing to do?

This is a rather recent phenomenon. For most of my life candidates were fair game. We went after them for every thing or nothing. The voters were off limits. Private citizens were left alone. Recently this has changed and the voters have also become targets. Is this a smart thing to do? What could possibly be gained by attacking the voters? Do you see any benefit to this strategy what so ever? What’s the point?

Obviously not, as the guy has been forced to resign.

1 Like

He chose to step down. No one forced him.

He had a bunch of supportive comments from people on the council.

This was just one example. Not meant to be the entire focus. Is insulting the voter a good idea in general? What do people hope to accomplish by doing it?

If only SOMEONE would step up to defend Donald Trump when he says something stupid!

As a voter who has been called Human Scum by Trump, I agree that very little was accomplished other than further solidifying my opposition to him. I’d suspect millions of other Americans agree there is no benefit for the politician to do this.

4 Likes

Take a shot at these questions.

Is insulting the voter a smart thing to do? What could possibly be gained by attacking the voters? Do you see any benefit to this strategy what so ever? What’s the point?

Is there any benefit for anyone to insult the voter? It’s quite prevalent now. Celebrities and ordinary folks do it without a second thought.

Is this a smart thing to do? What could possibly be gained by attacking the voters? Do you see any benefit to this strategy what so ever? What’s the point?

I already answered these questions.

[quote=“NebraskaFootball, post:9, topic:230019, full:true”]

You did not. You only mentioned politicians. Do you feel the same way for everyone? If not. what is to be gained by insulting the voter?

As a voter who has been called Human Scum by Trump, I agree that very little was accomplished other than further solidifying my opposition to him. I’d suspect millions of other Americans agree there is no benefit for the politician to do this.

Yep - insulting people was a central component to Trump’s whole campaign. Voters, delegates, Republicans, Democrats - it didn’t matter. He insulted everyone and anyone he could.

Then his supporters wonder why others don’t like him. Gee, I can’t imagine…

1 Like

does trump make it ok to insult voters?

1. No. (See Clinton, Hillary.)
  2. Come to think of it, I don’t recall Trump calling any Clinton supporters deplorable. Smart.
  3. Rev up the base?
  4. Rev up the base.

does trump make it ok for others to insult voters?

hillary did her share too look what it got her

Does it really rev up the base? Do voters get excited when their neighbors insult their other neighbors? Do you really think that’s it?

Nope. Not at all. Because everybody OWNS their own behavior. And because this crap is mostly coming from the left. I would bet that 90 percent of the insults are directed at Trump voters not by Trump voters. So in your opinion, what is gained by this?

You’re limiting it to “other voters”, and you’re right within that context. If nothing else (and there isn’t much) DJT has an instinct for self-preservation. But his entire political career is built on demonizing “the other”, if not the other side’s voters explicitly.

completely agree. they use trump as a fallback now to justify abhorrent leftist hatred and racism.

there is something to gain for this. those who were still in doubt now get another glimpse into how the left casts everything in stark racial spectrum.

just the thing their supposed hero mlk hoped to eradicate

1 Like

You might want to ask President Trump, he called me human scum.
.WW, PHS

2 Likes

He did that to me too.

1 Like