Is India the biggest remaining road block in China's path toward world domination?

What about when China state media said “Chewing gum stuck on the sole of our shoes” about Australia. That’s very harsh and precise talk. it’s meant to say you are nothing. See China is unified unlike the west as much as I don’t like China they would have little problem dealing with most western nations.

They’re really not. China averages a civil war every fifty to one hundred years throughout most of its history and the number one trigger in the last few centuries is when they open up to the Western world. The coast becomes fabulously wealthy, the interior remains desperately impoverished and eventually there’s a revolt by the people in the west.

1 Like

Oh and I’m not using Middle Kingdom as a synonym for China, though they do in fact call their nation that, Zhōngguó (we call them China because the West discovered them during the Ch’in dynasty).

The Middle Kingdom is the heartland of the Han Chinese (the ethnic group, not the dynasty) that’s sort of runs from the coast to the midwest and about halfway down the length of the current nation. A map of the Three Kingdoms era is roughly representative.

1 Like

Thank you.

I hate the whole “China…does…blah blah blah”.

If we must shorthand, it’s “Beijing…”.

Or as Obama told Romney during the debates, the 80’s are calling and want their foreign policy back.

1 Like

Russia collusion.

Putin REALLY does not like Biden after the killer remark.

Biden buddy Xi has him covered.

Now you’re starting to write in senryu as opposed to tweets.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Haiku Runon

Who gives a ■■■■ whomPutin likes? Why even bring that up?

I think it’s cute that he thinks Putin likes people, as opposed to playing power politics.

Misspell excrement?

ex·cres·cence

/ˌikˈskresəns/

1. a distinct outgrowth on a human or animal body or on a plant, especially one that is the result of disease or abnormality.

One of the most stark failures of American Exceptionalism is this lingering idea that other cultures want to be like ours.

2 Likes

Disabused by a visit even to no good, terrible Montreal.

If China was to directly attack Australia it would do so with the full knowledge that it is declaring war on the USA as well.

And does anyone doubt for a moment Japan would remain content to sit that sideline?

I wonder whether the USA cutting its foreign aid and China’s sphere of influence growing are in any way related.

1 Like

Also, Beijing builds schools while Americans demand beer and brothels, so.

I was just watching a documentary on Sengoku era Japan and there’s a part of it that is a perfect example of how China deals with foreign policy. Stop me if this sound familiar:

So Hideyoshi had united Japan under his rule after a hundred years of civil war and decided he was going to invade China. Two hundred thousand of the most war hardened soldiers in the world land in Korea and quickly conquer right up to the Chinese border. The Ming Dynasty sits on its ass until the Japanese brutality causes an open Korean rebellion, at which point Chinese armies sweep into Korea and help drive the Japanese all the way back to Busan.

Hideyoshi tries to salvage a victory and some face out of it, sending a letter to the Ming Emperor demanding to be recognized as an equal and to be given a sphere of influence in Korea. The Chinese send back a letter that says, basically, “Nah, it’s cool, you’re the king of Japan, we recognize that, you’re one of our vassal states and you got a little out of pocket but we’re not mad at you, have this sweet silk robe.”

2 Likes

China’s immediate objective is to defeat the US using unrestricted warfare. Americans have nasty habit of underestimating potential opponents.

If the professor in OP is correct, China has already made the US a vassal state without even resorting to the full range of covert attacks.

. . . if the attacking side secretly musters large amounts of capital without the enemy nation being aware of this at all and launches a sneak attack against its financial markets, then after causing a financial crisis, buries a computer virus and hacker detachment in the opponent’s computer system in advance, while at the same time carrying out a network attack against the enemy so that the civilian electricity network, traffic dispatching network, financial transaction network, telephone communications network, and mass media network are completely paralyzed, this will cause the enemy nation to fall into social panic, street riots, and a political crisis. There is finally the forceful bearing down by the army, and military means are utilized in gradual stages until the enemy is forced to sign a dishonorable peace treaty.
p. 145-146
https://www.oodaloop.com/documents/unrestricted.pdf

1 Like