Is God one deity, one person, or does He exist within us?

Today in Spirit Empowered Living, we learned more about the Holy Trinity. The Bible states that God is one deity represented in three divine beings, but that there is only one God. Is it possible that God also exists to some extent inside each and every one of us, wanting us to come together in collaboration so that He can work through us?

Bonus question- Do you think the second coming of Jesus will be through another mortal being (ie. reincarnated)?

1 Like

God is everything and everything is God

2 Likes

Why is that and “or” proposition?

To me it is not an either-or question. It is an and-also statement.

2 Likes

I believe in the Triune God.
As far as that last question…NO

1 Like

God is everything, and His kingdom is within all.

2 Likes

I have a Jeffersonian outlook. Or a deist outlook.

God, or at least my interpretation of God, created the singularity that begat the universe in the Big Bang. I also think that nature’s God created the four fundamental forces that the cosmos abides by today.

I do not feel, however, that God is personal. As a being that exists far outside of our limited mortal understanding we cannot even begin comprehend His actual nature.

That’s my basic interpretation of how the universe ultimately works.

2 Likes

I’m not even necessarily sure if I think Jesus was ever a human at all to be honest. I do believe in Him though, just not the way most do.

To me, it’s entirely possible that Jesus is a metaphor for introspection, just as Aphrodite was a metaphor for human sexual urges, or Mars for war/struggle.

1 Like

All of the above.

1 Like

In Gnostic Christianity, it is possible to gain a Jesus mind or Christ consciousness through apotheosis.

Jesus was recognized and acclaimed for his goodness and all one who is reborn has to do is do as good a job as Jesus did and there you have what Jesus said would happen in the future. That being that we would elect a new god/Jesus, but that he would have another name.

Christians are not even looking for that person as they do not want to live the way Jesus taught. They are all just giving Jesus lip service.

Regards
DL

You do know that Constantine had to force the church to adopt that really stupid concept. Right?

Regards
DL

Not a bad outlook on god and Jesus but not quite the way we Gnostic Christians see Jesus.

You are right that it is all about looking within yourself, but in that, Jesus is to be more of a mantra than a metaphor.

Here is how the Gnostic Christian Jesus speaks in the bible.
You will never hear a preacher quote these as they want to tie you and especially your cash to them and do not want you freed from them the way Jesus wants for you.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

You likely have to meditate or fast to access your brains right hemisphere but it is well worth the effort if you are one of the few who can find what Jung and Freud dubbed our Father Complex.

If the religious liars try to dissuade you, quote them the following.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards
DL

1 Like

Sounds like an idiots reply.

Regards
DL

Sounds like an idiots reply.

Regards
WC

1 Like

I regard God as one Council or Community of three ever-existing Persons who are equally omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent, but who nevertheless distribute the activities of deity among themselves so that all three don’t each do all God-related things, but all three between themselves, get all divine things done. So, one deity, three persons, distinct from the creation they have made.

1 Like

Jesus will return IN GLORY and NOT as a “mortal”. He is going to crush the serpent’s head and then judge all of us, or so I understand.

1 Like

Like genocide and infanticide and the creation of a homophobic and misogynous religion?

Regards
DL

Is a genocidal and infanticidal god, whose first judgement was to demand a sacrifice/bribe to change his verdict a good god to you

Regards
DL

“He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. For all are alive to Him. He is the God of the living, not the dead.”

No soul ever born has ceased existing yet, from God’s perspective, just changed location. So ascribing the terms genocide and infanticide to God is misguided. And given that the Christian gospel elevates women to equality with men, mysogynist is an inapt descriptor for God. And given that the scriptures exhort us to “fear not”, and God fears no man, so too is homophobic

1 Like

Thanks for ignoring the evil in your prick of a god.
You won’t wonder why.
Regards
DL

It’s not His fault that your arguments are logically incoherent.

1 Like