Is Gabby Petito a symbol of white racism?

With all media coverage of her…and some over at CNN and MSNBC has labeled it Missing White Women Syndrome.

Maybe forum libs can explain to me why that is.

It is a tragedy surrounding a pretty white girl to sell ad space.

If she was an ugly person…. This would not have been a National story.

2 Likes

That term is nothing new…been around awhile.

1 Like

Media doesn’t care about race, but if you do they will do what’s necessary to get a click.
Cute, shows emotion in pictures, blonde, thin…they were smelling clickbait there.

1 Like

Why was JonBenet Ramsey ever a thing?

That happening in the 90’s and still remember her name?

Exactly.

Media knows what the country likes. Gotta get them clicks

1 Like

Maybe Joy Reid should care more about innocents being killed in the streets instead of spending all their capital on people like George Floyd.

Criminal Black man syndrome.

Women go missing every day. Why is it the only ones that dominate news are pretty young blonde women? Honestly, I can’t think of one that wasn’t

2 Likes

I mean their core viewers are white boomers, they connect more with people that look like their daughters.

George Floyd was a National story becuase there was footing of a policemen callously killing a man.

This story had no footage and was used by media… including the company that she works for to sell adspace.

It is a very apt criticism she gave to media.

There is a coworker of mine who is pretty Trumpy … this story is all he had on his social media.

1 Like

Why does media care about drugged up Black man getting killed?

It is a good criticism.

1 Like

Now here… this is the moment it all goes off the rails.

4 Likes

Danial Shaver.

“The phenomenon has led to a number of tough on crime measures, mainly on the right, that were named for white women who disappeared and were subsequently found harmed.[9][10] In addition to race and class, factors such as supposed attractiveness, body size and youthfulness have been identified as unfair criteria in the determination of newsworthiness in coverage of missing women.[11] News coverage of missing black women was more likely to focus on the victim’s problems, such as abusive boyfriends or a troubled past, while coverage of white women often tend to focus on their roles as mothers or daughters.[12]

Maybe if libs put that attention and energy to young Blacks getting killed in the streets instead of doped up criminals you actually might accomplish something.

Yep…Criminal Black Man Syndrome is alive and well.

Ive also never seen this same criticism about young white men.

Weird right?

2 Likes