Is Fossil fuel saving the earth from a mass extinction?

I am totally heat intolerant. It’s become worse as I age (I’m 67). I was comfortable on Denali. I’ve always said: you can put on clothes, but you can’t take off your skin.

As I remember, you know the Sheldon’s. That’s awesome. Two years ago my wife and I traveled to Iceland for a wedding. It was too freaking hot. I wore a sweater one day.

Tired posting. I’m guilty.

Utter insanity. Modern agriculture, transportation, and information sharing make mankind far less susceptible to climate caused disasters than at any time in world history.

The population of Africa would be a quarter or less than current if not for all of the above.

Death tolls from major hurricanes are a small fraction what they were just a hundred years ago, the same with tornado, droughts, floods etc.

When was the last time a quarter or more of a country died of starvation due to famine and drought?

Well that’s pure BS. We know it’s caused by humans but it’s ignored by the climate mongers because it hits too close to home.

What’s BS is deleting your posts when your argument doesn’t pan out. If you’re going to discuss the topic at least keep an honest record.

Why are you demanding scientists account for urban heat island effects (which they have) when you’ve contended human effects are insignificant to warming? How would urban heat island effect explain the warming we are witnessing?

I haven’t deleted any posts. Try again.

We can actually see and measure the urban heat island effect and some of the environmental effects that stem from it such as updrafts of hot moist air that can trigger or fuel storms.

What can’t be measured or in any way quantified is how much if any effect anthropogenic CO2 may be having on the climate overall.

Knew the Sheldon’s. Both Don and Roberta are dead now.

My brother and I had read David Robert’s book, The Mountain of my Fear, about their climb on Mt. Huntington. Before Don Sheldon flew them on to the glacier, they crashed in Sheldon’s hangar. So when my brother and I arrived in Talkeetna, we wandered over to Sheldon’s hangar to ask him if we could crash there. As we entered the hanger we saw an airplane with it’s propeller on the floor and Sheldon reading a piece of paper. As we approached, he said: “When all else fails, read the instructions.” He also said we couldn’t crash in his hangar.

He must have really been off course. :astonished:

Hint … never use the word “crash” to refer to sleeping when talking to a pilot. :wink:

I thought about that after I posted! I read his biography, Wager with the Wind. He crashed a few times!