Is college too difficult for today's American students?

Similar to my experience actually, and a very good point. I went back for a GED and finished in the 97th percentile.

some professors arent really cut out for teaching. I still remember back when i was in college i was taking a basic communications theory class (engineering). Professor went over what we were expected to know for the exam. He lied. the exam was pretty much everything but what he said it would cover. I got a 15 out of 100 and becauseit was graded on a curve that was a C. When he was asked about it at the next class his answer was we should have studied everything,not just what he said the exam would cover. his entire philosophy was basically trying to show students how he knew so much more than they did.

The next semester he wasnt teaching any beginning/intermediate level engineering classes

1 Like

Complaining because you weren’t given the answers. In college.

no,complaing because he lied.

prof saysthe exam will cover a,b,c, and d
the exam actual covers e,f, and g.

he lied…

1 Like

Should have studied all the material instead of trying to get over.

2 Likes

No, social background doesn’t dictate intelligence or academic potential. Low standards in required performance and moving to technology aids before the young students have achieved a level of basic skills unaided is the problem.

It is a good way to get payed for an extra year, or two, of high school classes, that don’t count towards your degree, at college level prices.

It’s guaranteed money for the schools. They’ll accept kids who are borderline illiterate and want to major in Pop Culture just to get the tuition money. They don’t give a damn if they just create a wage slave who spends 30 years paying off debt for that worthless degree.

1 Like

A wage slave? Ummm. Anyway you are not wrong but that sure doesn’t sound very conservative. Sounds a bit lefty….

Lefties have a different meaning.

You mean the word?

Wage slave is nothing but a failed bootstrapper….

Is the system failing the population for profit?

For me, it means someone who majored in dumb ■■■■ and has to work in entry-level jobs to pay off the student loan debt. For lefties, I think it means anybody who works at least 10 hours a week but doesn’t get paid as much as a doctor, for “equity” reasons.

1 Like

I see a cartoon where a young person is putting on cement shoes labeled: Woke Curriculum and Unmarketable Education and proclaiming that he’s bootstrapping.

Since colleges are a leftist dominated system, you tell us.

Well that’s not true with regards to lefties.

You blamed the system for creating a wage slave. The wage slave chose the major.

Is he really a wage slave then? Is the system failing the population for profit?

You are confusing academia and administration.

Bwahaha. Yeah, no one is confusing anything. Both are leftist dominated.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thinking: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good luck proving that

The leftist commies are profiting off the students. Those are some commies.

It’s almost as if peopel need to completely shut down all other thought processes so as not to understand that left right isn’t a linear spectrum.

And that people who consider themselves conservatives are criticizing profit making. Legal profit making mind you.

1 Like

You too should try to prove it.

But anyway. Criticizing legal pefoit making. You guys are some righties.