Is collaboration between the white house and senate wrong?

It was fun to watch Republicans who were seated at the table blathering about secret sessions. That’s some industrial strength realtime Soviet type propaganda right there.

1 Like

I love the old Onion article about that. Absolutely perfect.

“Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be”

this paragraph captures these types.

“Right there in the preamble, the authors make their priorities clear: ‘one nation under God,’” said Mortensen, attributing to the Constitution a line from the Pledge of Allegiance, which itself did not include any reference to a deity until 1954. “Well, there’s a reason they put that right at the top.”

And this graph. Precious, really.

Mortensen said his admiration for the loose assemblage of vague half-notions he calls the Constitution has only grown over time. He believes that each detail he has pulled from thin air—from prohibitions on sodomy and flag-burning, to mandatory crackdowns on immigrants, to the right of citizens not to have their hard-earned income confiscated in the form of taxes—has contributed to making it the best framework for governance “since the Ten Commandments.”

1 Like

Destroying separation of powers is cool.

No… that is not true.

But propaganda works… so here we are.

1 Like

i am glad you know more then the IG on what a whistblower needs to be…

so, he had firsthand knowledge? is that your statement.

It’s equivalent to a judge in a criminal trial collaborating with a defendant for a guaranteed not guilty verdict. This is much worse than anything Trump has done, and I say that with the opinion that the impeachment trial is justified. This sets a precedent for outright tyranny, in that ANYTHING the president does is okay as long as there is a compliant senate.

2 Likes

Did Schiff have hearings in a SCIF?

simple yes or no will work

why should we trust the word of a criminal?

which criminals?

DUI

3 Likes

I feel like you think this is some kind of gotcha.

Having closed Intel Committee hearings in the SCIF is SOP.

Were there republicans in the hearing yes or no will work

Nice! Every single senator will lie right off the bat then.

2 Likes

This is a difficult time to be a Trump supporter but these wild allegations do nothing for him.

Holy crap, LOL

I don’t understand this weird description of the SCIF being in a “basement” is a reason that what happened there was somehow underhanded.

No, they don’t.

“You can’t do this to my guy…so there…!”

Gutless.

I hope Mitt has something to say about it. Maybe his stomach is still upset after the dinner he had with Trump a few years ago.

No. That is not the statement.

But there was an IG involved that looked into it and found it compelling.

The whistleblower identity is a distraction.

Those who push it are making an argument that the public shouldn’t know about this in the first place.

Not a great place to be.