Iran who is to blame?

Hmmm…will Democrats blame Iran if they proliferate into nuclear weapons or will they blame Trump?

Wait…I have the answer!

Okey dokie.

Because they say so

We spent years trying to reach an agreement with Iran only to watch Trump rip it up because he has surrounded himself with advisers who fantasize about yet another ground war in the Middle East. Some people haven’t learned the lessons of Iraq even after trillions wasted, tens of thousands of Americans killed or maimed, and untold hundreds of thousands of Iraqis dead.

Giving ten years to a regime that has believed since the 7th century an ideology were mutually assured destruction might sound like a good idea, is just buying time.

The moderate party in Iran said “We only need one nuclear bomb to take care of the Israel problem”. These are the moderates.

They say they aren’t seeking nuclear weapons.

Why wouldn’t you make Trump responsible after he pulled out of the nuclear deal?

Buying time is just that… buying time. What would have been a better idea? Unless you have one, then buying time is best option.

As the Arab States that were all implacable foes of Israel have one after another reconciled themselves to Israel’s existence and written off the Palestinians, who’s to say where Iran would have evolved to in ten year’s time. Fifteen years ago would you have predicted the quiet alliance between Israel and Saudi Arabia?

Carter is to blame…

As I see it a 7th century ideology is a good deal more recent than a 1st century ideology.

The IIPF said this?

Boooooooooooosssssshhhh!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/irans-president-warns-europe-that-tehran-will-take-the-next-step-in-increasing-uranium-enrichment-on-sunday/2019/07/03/122ee7d4-9d66-11e9-83e3-45fded8e8d2e_story.html%3FoutputType=amp

They are taking the next step…maybe they are bluffing…maybe not

Blaming them for what? There is no deal.

1 Like

It’s the Washington Post so Democracy Dies Behind the Paywall.

But from what I see it says that Iran is taking the next step in increasing uranium enrichment. Which yeah, they’ve been pretty open about.

But even if we grant that they are trying to build a nuclear weapon despite what they are saying. So what? Why shouldn’t they? Plenty of countries have nuclear weapons. And those countries don’t get a whole lot of U.S invasion talk aimed at them. Which, currently, Iran is getting.

Shrug…Google it…its covered everywhere.
Its literally just a paragraph.

They shouldnt because of ties to terrorism.
They should because it would protect themselves from us. Go the Korea route and America will fold.

More nukes isnt the answer.

If only there was a deal setting out legal framework to punish Iran for something like this

It isn’t a Post story. The Post just picked up a Associated Press story. You can see in the link (well I could and I’m guessing everyone else could) that the AP byline was at the top of it. Anyway, here’s a link to AP’s story that isn’t behind a paywall.

NK got nukes and Trump is kissing their ass.

Yeah, but nowhere does it say Iran is claiming they are pursing nuclear weapons.

Protecting themselves from us is a biggie.

*sorry about the format changes to your post. Figuring out this quote system is a nightmare (for me anyway). Most of my posting time is spent trying to format the damn thing.

I blame President Eisenhower and Operation Ajax.

1 Like