Iran Shoots Down US Drone

But it is US business and pretty much everyone else’s. The flow of oil from the region is the life blood of the planet as it is currently structured and thus creates interests. It’s is important to de-escalate tensions versus the opposite. Unfortunately we are not in an ideal world so the opposite is happening where interested parties up the tensions in an attempt to force negotiations. The US violated the painstakingly negotiated nuclear deal, decided to declare economic war on Iran and is basing military assets to further menace Iran and cow them into submission. Iran is upping the stakes as a response to alter the course of foreign actions or bring about conditions for a negotiation. They are banking on the loss of US prestige and it’s allies via recent history along Western public sentiment against conflict to obtain relief from the currently imposed conditions.

1 Like

I agree. Let’s thump our chests over a drone that was meant to not cost lives if shot down, so it did what it was supposed to do.

Why complain about the OP? You support a man — Trump — who does. Complain to him.

This is a good analysis. Makes sense as to why if Iran is behind the tanker attacks and this shoot down, it would be a rational move on their part.

The problem is…if Trump decides on a war…the CEC will be his media arm to sell Trump’s base that we have to do this.

And it won’t be hard to get them to change their minds.

Trump doesn’t want a war.

But he can easily be goaded into one.

I don’t know, the only two times I’ve seen his support quake were 1) when he bombed Syria and 2) when he passed the funding bills.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1141711064305983488

We’re ■■■■■■■

1 Like

Likewise. The best tact is to rest assured knowing the drone performed the way it was intended. Iran is just trying to provoke us into retaliating hastily.

Hopefully, this means increased sanctions by our allies.

I wrote the same words when Bolton was hired by fat donald.

1 Like

fear not trump doesnt want war

so glad we pulled out of that stupid iran deal. were we suckers or what?

I think he does. He’s got Bolton in his corner. Bolton is a cheering section for war.

but if the deal was in place…do you think Iran would have attacked in the first place?

I kind of agree, but I’m not sure it matters.

Trump didn’t want to raise the debt limit, but he did - twice…he’s pretty malleable.

If we were in the deal still, I doubt Iran would be acting so provocatively.

1 Like

What benefits have come from it?

Can’t wait to see so called conservatives change their stance on a subject as soon as Trump does.

if a religious fundamentalist government is shooting things out of international airspace (assuming this is whats happening), and attacking ships in international waters, (again assuming…) and vowing to enrich as much Uranium as they want despite deal still in place with others, do you think they will be interested in abiding by the terms of the “deal” with us otherwise? (regardless of how many billions dollars we send to them)

that’s (forgive me here) naive