Iran admits they shot down the Ukrainian airliner

And I have said it was incopetence on the US part 40 years ago

Just as it is incompetence on the Iranian part in the present.

BUT

How much has technology changed in the past 40 years?
How many aircraft have the US shot down in error in the last 10 years? Why would that be?

I guess the families that were affected by our mistake should return the money they got then…after all, it wasnt our fault. The technology just wasnt good enough.

2 Likes

How many times have enemy drones or enemy aircraft flown over our country??

I should note that Iran is barred by United States export sanctions from having that technology, so they can’t exactly be blamed for not having that technology…

1 Like

Did I say that?

No I didn’t say our tech wasn’t good enough.

I would have to say proably none.

The only thing I wish for is speedy recover and return of the remains so they can be buried in Canada.

1 Like

I wonder Trump feels any guilt about the people aboard that airliner.

Trump doesn’t have the capability to feel guilt about anything…

2 Likes

So that makes it much less likely that accidents like this would happen doesnt it?

Think Iran feels any guilt about all the people they have killed (not the airliner)?

Is Iran the measuring stick now for what we should expect out of a US President?

1 Like

There was not any doubt, why take their words it was and accident now as they were saying the moment it happened that it was a mechanical failure on the plane, lied for days, bulldozed the area, wasn’t till videos and every other country saying it was a missile attack did they release a not so real apology and I quote “at time of crisis caused by US adventurism.” They would have never admitted if it wasn’t for the compounding evidence.

So there you have it was caused by the U.S. - the human error which they knew about for days, we will never know just have to trust the words of the Mullahs :thinking:

Highly doubt it. Remember “All is well!”

3 Likes

And specifically on the hands of the impeached president D Trump.

Nope the airline downing is on the hands of Iranian officials.

As a consequence of the killing authorised by the now impeached president Trump.

Because it is a rare event no matter what technology. Are you thinking accidental shooting down of aircrafts was common 30 years ago? It was rare then too.

Not sure what technology you think has changed to stop human error like this.

1 Like

The US killed a terrorists who killed American citizens and helped organize an illegal attack on an embassy. As a result of this Trump is guilty of Iran killing more people? Is Iran responsible for anything?
No, killing a terrorist did not require Iran to shoot down an airplane. That was their choice.

If we want to go that route then lets say that Obama handing over billions to Iran enabled them to support a terrorist movement that lead to the attack on the embassy that lead to the killing of Sol… that lead to Iran shooting down the plane. Clearly Obama is guilty of shooting down the plane.

2 Likes

The downing of the aeroplane is a direct consequence of the assassination.