Iran admits they shot down the Ukrainian airliner

As a consequence of the killing authorised by the now impeached president Trump.

Because it is a rare event no matter what technology. Are you thinking accidental shooting down of aircrafts was common 30 years ago? It was rare then too.

Not sure what technology you think has changed to stop human error like this.

1 Like

The US killed a terrorists who killed American citizens and helped organize an illegal attack on an embassy. As a result of this Trump is guilty of Iran killing more people? Is Iran responsible for anything?
No, killing a terrorist did not require Iran to shoot down an airplane. That was their choice.

If we want to go that route then lets say that Obama handing over billions to Iran enabled them to support a terrorist movement that lead to the attack on the embassy that lead to the killing of Sol… that lead to Iran shooting down the plane. Clearly Obama is guilty of shooting down the plane.

2 Likes

The downing of the aeroplane is a direct consequence of the assassination.

Nope as a consequence of them firing missles at bases where US military members are and thinking, based on Trumps actions, they would be retaliated against.

The action of the impeached president Trump in authorising the assassination has lead directly to the downing of the aeroplane.

1 Like

Downed droan, attack on our embasy

We should do nothing but walk around with our tails between our legs.

Don’t think so.

Who said that is what you should do? Certainly not me.

So the US needed to do something correct?

And when I find an article again, I’m not meaning to derail your fire thread in OTB . . . but I’ll just have a question on something . . .

and it’s only a controversy because of the fires there . . . . otherwise I don’t thank anyone would have batted an eye.

No it was because Iran fired a missile at a Ukraine jet leaving their airport. As a few people posted earlier we did the same horrible incident to and Iranian airliner in the 80’s that was on us not them. Same here regardless of ones feeling for the president.

4 Likes

Assassinating a person who has from been reported as being asked to help de-escalate the tensions was not the correct action to take.

Maybe Iran can de-escalte things by not using proxies to go after US citizen’s and assets

GASP
concept huh?

Just going to point out that Iran was flying commercial airliners under unsafe conditions in both instances.

Yes the US did shoot down a commercial plane and I am glad that Iran is owning its mistake this time.

Time to move forward.

Nice of Iran to admit what everyone who doesn’t worship donkeys already knew. lol

Iran admitting this…doesn’t matter. Here’s my simple prediction…as everything begins to cool down, it will be settled that…it’s all Trump’s fault…period…and you’ll be able to ask any lib, from any country to confirm this.

That flights weren’t shut down during a time of high tension with expectations of retaliation was a recipe for disaster.

2 Likes

Link?

Remember when the US fighter pilot cut a tram car cable? I forget where it was…maybe Italy?

1 Like

So rare to see this fact confirmed here. It was Iranian money that was returned.

1 Like