Invoking hitler as a good example for homeless people?

Why would a US lawmaker use Hitler as an example of what can be accomplished?

Beyond the pale.

“ I wanna give you a little history lesson on homelessness. In 1910, Hitler decided to live on the streets for a while. So for two years, Hitler lived on the streets and practiced his oratory and his body language and how to connect with the masses. And then went on to lead a life that got him in the history books. So, a lot of these people, it’s not a dead end. They can come out of these homeless camps and have a productive life, or in Hitler’s case, a very unproductive life. I support this bill.”

It’s never a good thing to compare anything to hitler.

You can’t do it on this forum.

Shouldn’t be done.

Allan

Yea, no. I get what he was trying to say, being homeless is not the end but damn, PRETTY sure there are other examples he should have used.

To his “credit”, I think he realized it at the end.

He was definitely in “oh ■■■■ why did I go HERE?” mode towards the end.

1 Like

Kind of saved himself at the end imo.

The fact that hitler even entered his mind as a good example for homeless people is sick. What kind of individual thinks in these terms? Sick sick sick.

By the way, Chag Pesach Sameach
(Happy Passover Holiday)

2 Likes

Foreign language requires English translation in the same post please.

1 Like

Agreed. The cawing is strictly along party lines though. :wink:

1 Like

I disagree.

There are thousands of state senators and representatives in the country and some of them are going to say weird things, which will have no effect on anything except on people posting “here’s a weird thing someone of the opposite political party said”.
Yes, it’s weird. Obviously he was not praising Hitler but ones inspirational speech to the homeless should not be “and you too can overcome your condition and rise up to become a murderer.”

Just remember kids

3 Likes

Now you’re going to be the one who starts the slide into getting the thread shut down.

No self control.

1 Like

Obviously, irony goes over the heads of many.

The bill was -

"While debating a bill on Wednesday that would criminalize homeless camps on public property in the state, State Sen. Frank Niceley (R) decided to share with the chamber “a little history lesson on homelessness.”

He supported the bill. In other words, was opposed to homelessness on the streets. The consequences for the world of Hitler’s two years on the street were disastrous. There could be another like him germinating or Germanating in a homeless camp. He supports the bill. Get rid of the homeless encampment.

Criminalizing Homelessness is perhaps the most expensive way to take care of the problem.

2 Likes

That opinion is irrelevant to the thread topic. Attempted diversion maybe.

Okay… he talked somewhat positively about Hitler when referring to support of a bill that criminalizes homelessness.

Seems about right.

He spoke ironically about Hitler, imo.

Only a certain type of person thinks learning to manipulate the basest instincts of the masses is a positive thing.

Can’t they for once mix it a bit for some variety. Maybe Mussolini, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot just something else than Hitler.

4 Likes

He failed the most basic rule of political speech.

Don’t invoke Hitler or the Nazis. For either good or bad points.

Bringing up Hitler destroys any argument you are attempting to make.

Same goes for Stalin or Pol Pot or Mao “the smelly psychopath” Zedong.

1 Like

Or Jesus of Nazareth, apparently, in some forums. Just sayin’.

1 Like