Interesting Legal Question Here In Texas

It does work that way. ( C ) of your link. The case cannot be made that COVID 19 is unknown.

1 Like

They will get a determination from the AG and proceed from there.

I doubt schools will open in August unless things change drastically.

Maybe. I’m fairly sure you didn’t hear it from Fox. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is a great idea Paul you know the three teachers who contracted COVID apparently were on line teaching. Did they catch it on the internet? We may consider canceling on line teaching. This is scary ■■■■■ I think I might light my hair on fire.

1 Like

If schools do not open, don’t give them funds. Three online teachers caught COVID. I wonder where they caught it? Might as well close down supermarkets and drive through fast foods. Let’s cancel home deliveries too. Just sayin

Well that throws out a good lawsuit, unless they sue the school.for creating an unsafe environment.

I am going to light my hair on fire.

I see Gov Abbott seems to be in agreement that, for example, HISD could remain closed come the fall

Are you going to vote for Governor Abbott again? He seems like he knows what he is doing.

Never took to him as a person believe it or not I liked slick Rick

If that were true every district in the state would have charges filed against it for remaining open during flu outbreaks.

The flu kills at least 4x as many kids as this disease, you’re just wrong.

© A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence, by act or omission, engages in conduct that places a child younger than 15 years in imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or mental impairment.

There is no “imminent danger” to the kids and the schools will not be forcing them to attend.

The claim is simply baseless and asinine.

This gets dumber every time I look at it. Kids could die riding the school bus too. How many Superintendents have been prosecuted for allowing kids to ride school buses?

No it doesn’t.

Imminent

Impending; menacingly close at hand; threatening.

Imminent peril, for example, is danger that is certain, immediate, and impending, such as the type an individual might be in as a result of a serious illness or accident. The chance of the individual dying would be highly probable in such situation, as opposed to remote or contingent. For a gift causa mortis (Latin for “in anticipation of death”) to be effective, the donor must be in imminent peril and must die as a result of it.

Imminent Danger

Imminent danger is a legal term that is used to describe situations that pose a direct and immediate danger to the individual affected by the action. If you find yourself in the situation described above, you are clearly in imminent danger because you are being held at gunpoint and theoretically could be harmed or killed at any time. The law considers three different types of imminent danger. These include:

1. Imminent danger of being hurt or injured as a direct threat - for example, when someone tells you they are going to shoot you.
  2. Imminent danger of being affected by the malicious and intentional actions of another, even though not necessarily directed towards you - for example, someone opens fire onto shoppers at a crowded mall.
  3. Imminent danger in response to trying to protect another individual - for example, offering yourself up as a hostage to a gunman to spare someone else.

“Somebody might get sick and if they do they might have a one in ten thousand chance of dying” in no way equates to “imminent”.

I think we are loosing America. Normality is going down the road. Maybe I will light my hair on fire, scream and cry, and have an emotional meltdown.

We’ve lost our collective minds over this virus, blown up our economy needlessly and now the rule seems to be we must be in full lockdown until it’s completely over.

That’s one hell of a standard to set for the future and would guarantee a complete economic collapse that will cost many times the number of lives.

Keep those most vulnerable in quarantine and let everyone else get on with their lives.

1 Like

You’re right. You are right and everybody else is wrong. You know more about school than the Superintendent of schools, who has legal counsel.

I don’t know what I was thinking.

5 Likes

You can’t make your case, you can’t provide a single instance in which a superintendent has been prosecuted for opening schools during an outbreak.

It’s asinine on it’s face and nothing in the law supports such a ridiculous claim.

Bro, I never know what I am thinking. This Chinese Wuhan Virus has turned us all on our heads. I cannot wait till that vaccine comes out this fall. We gotta get ourselves back together.

Bro it is going to be ok.

You’re right. The Superintendent of Dallas schools, who has legal counsel, is an asinine ass and so am I. You are obviously completely correct.

Uh, don’t google that.

1 Like