Interesting development for Angela Davis

:rofl:

I have no idea what you’re trying to say. But if it’ll make you feel better to declare victory and flounce out, you do you.

This post will grow up to be a victim one day. So much potential, unparalleled effort.

3 Likes

She seemed pretty shaken by it.

1 Like

Sure - but that’s her own personal ■■■■■

Why does it matter to us?

Because she’s Queen of the Crits.

1 Like

It matters to conservatives because they think it’s further justification against reparations. I would guess think it’s ironic but I don’t.

It matters to this liberal because it’s Angela Davis’ white, communist ass. :rofl::fist:t5:

1 Like

She’s white?

Read the OP

And yet, by Angela Davis’ reaction, it was.

And that’s what the thread is about.

The rest of us can have more rational reaction to it. But the point here is the absurdity of the blood guilt mindset.

2 Likes

The Crit Machine is sputtering!

Bring her out!

1 Like

More and more, public libraries are becoming homeless hangouts, and the restrooms are for meth ingestion.

I imagine most American blacks have both master and slave blood. There’s is a reason they took the names of the plantations they came from.

One would assume, but she acted like the revelation was a personal attack. :joy:

crimes were committed. begins with an “r” and ends in an “e”

very prevalent in the southern united states in the early to mid 1800’s

need another clue?

Allan

You have no idea when in her genetic history the mixing occurred and if it was consensual or not. Or maybe you do but I haven’t seen the timeline. Entirely possible it happened later than the slave era and was consensual.

2 Likes

I remember an interview on NPR about how ancestry DNA type services used mitochondrial DNA in the African American community, especially for males. Seems there are a lot of European Y DNA matches in the African American community.

it was a common occurrence in the south during slave times.

most likely happened that way.

Allan

Pure assumption.

b’99 is right about the common-ness of it during slave times.

Z is right about assumptions.

Doesn’t change the fact that this-person or that-person is someone’s ancestor.

In fact, if the game here is to suggest that the slave-owning sins of your ancestor somehow apply to you, then ancestry via rape means you have the DNA of a rapist in your as well.

Maybe it’s time to stop the blood-guilt exercise and see today’s person as his own self and therefore can only be responsible for his own actions.

3 Likes