Inspiring the Text, vs Preserving the Text

Bolded part is why this particular argument is flawed.

You’ve had quite a few of your points debunked. A lot of it is based on faulty assumptions or plain old ignorance.

Much of it is not really evidence at all. You’ve either been told a bunch of hooey or you’re fooling yourself with whatever research you’re doing.

That whole north-vs-south thesis is simply wrong.

If anything, there was an east-west split (and still is.)

Hooey.

Whatever was Spirit-inspired certainly wasn’t subject to human fault (such as “losing” some.) The Holy Spirit is bigger than human errors.

And the final canonization was finished at the Synod of Hippo – in North Africa (southern Mediterranean, of all places!!) It took nearly 4 centuries of discernment to make sure the Spirit was clear to those involved, and settle on the canonized books.

If a burger-flipper wants to relocate and burger-flip for the company in various different towns, he is wise to get written authorisation from his company manager for other branches to take him on, before he leaves town. Otherwise he might find the other branch managers don’t believe he is working for the company.

You have yet to show any conflict between the southern texts of the canon and the northern texts.

Yes, God does not wave a magic wand. The Holy Spirit is in believers and where He is depended on, it is possible for the Christian to write an entire letter or book without including thoughts that are his own that the Holy Spirit disagrees with. Such texts in common use by Christians were assembled into the canon. Other books which were marred with the author’s own surmisings, did not make it into the Christian canon.

A lot of? ten points wree debunked?? twelve?
Hmm. perhaps I lost count.

I thought what happened is in a discussion about Inspiring the text vs preserving the text, I misspoke once, and called Paul a centurion. It immediately became much more fun to “win the argument” about Pauls’ job.

(bottom portiin deleted with apologies.

too sarcastic. I shall re-compose and repost.)

What do we know about the Pharisees?

We know they did not have the authority to kill people, not Jesus and not common criminals. If someone was to be killed the Romans had to do it.

The Pharisees did not even have the authority to send people directly to Roman courts. They had to conspire against Jesus before they could even bring im to trial.

Whoever Paul was working for was not the Pharisees. It was someone with Roman-like powers over Roman law and Roman courts.

That employer (the one with roman-like powers) did not possess Pharisees like powers Paul. We know this because Paul who was acting like a Roman with roman like powers had to get permission form the high priest to arrest people inside Jewish temples in Damascus.

I do not know the identity of Paul’s employer, but I have a pretty good guess as to that man’s nationality.

St. Mark was wrong.

St Jerome was given the job of canonizing the bible.

Your concept of infallibility.

The whole “southern text” thesis.

Now Paul (actually Saul) was employed by the Romans.

From Wiki
Coptic versions of the Bible

From Nat. Geog
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/magazine/2019/03-04/coptic-christianity-ancient-egypt/
Coptic Christianity originated in Egypt shortly after the death of Jesus

From the Coptic Church
Coptic Reader App
Coptic Reader is a mobile application that contains the liturgical text, rites, psalmodies, hymns, melodies, services, and sacraments of the Coptic

It appears that St Paul, went to the north to spread the word and found the church. His actions inspired some writings (esp his own). Paul admits to his own fallibility, and disagreed with St Peter, Later when northern men decided to compile the most important writings into a single volume they selected from among the writings with which they were most familiar, northern writings.

Interestingly, St Mark journeyed south, spread the word, built the church, inspired writings etc… Later, when southern men compiled the most important writings into a single volume they chose the writings with which they were most familiar, southern writings.
I do not believe God declared that the northern writings are superior, nor did God declare St Peter and St Mark were wrong, nor that St Paul was superior to the other two saints, nor that St Paul suddenly developed here-again gone-again perfection.

The Bible is a damn good book, written and selected by some very pious and learned men, it was inspired by God the same way The Beatle’s “Let it Be,” and the Chronicles of Narnia, and the hut Broadway Musixal “Jesus Christ Superstar” etc were all inspired by God.

People who won’t believe in Jesus, will believe anything.

I hope you are not trying to imply that there is only one interpretation of the Bible,
nor that anyone with a different interpretation does not believe in Jesus.

No. Why would you think that of me based on that post?

The sanhedrin stoned Stephen to death. Jews stoned Paul later, leaving him for dead.

There are countless interpretations. Only one can be correct.

Yours is not. You’ve promoted way too many errors in just one short thread.

So St Mark and the Coptic Church he founded (south of Jerusalem) doesn’t believe in Christ or is they just write (South of Jerusalem) a bunch of error prone gobbledy-gook. (They have their own NT based on that super-erroneous guy St. Mark)

When I was in Florida my (Episcopal) church allowed the local Coptic Christian Community to use our facilities to hold their services. Now I am beginning to think that was a great error. I wasn’t the one who invited them, I just made the error of thinking the Fr Kerouc knew what it was doing.

Man, you are way off the rails here.

1 Like