Inspired by AOC, Megan Rapinoe and Greta Thunberg? You should be, according to the BBC

The BBC dropped its 2019 list of the 100 most inspiring and influential women across the globe on Wednesday, and three of those on it are U.S. congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Swedish anti-climate-change activist Greta Thunberg and American soccer star and equal-pay advocate Megan Rapinoe. Outrage alert.

Few if any of the other names on the list will be recognizable to Americans. Activists, artists, conservationists and environmentalists are among some of the others. The nationalities are scattered around the globe.

Congrats to AOC, Thunberg and Rapinoe, though. Good to see these women and the others recognized for what they do. They can inspire us all.

Let the outrage begin, Trump World! :rofl:

Bella Thorne, Katie Bouman, and Amy Webb are the only others I’d heard of in the list.

Amy Webb’s book on taking a quantitative approach to online dating was very funny, and Katie Bouman’s picture from last year is pretty much the best thing ever.

These lists are always somewhat silly though. A beat poet is really more inspirational than Mary Barra?

The list was in alphabetical order, so I don’t think it was by ranking.

1 Like

There were special posthumous awards to Ether Rosenberg and Lizzie Borden.

Conservatives fear of women is truly something to behold.

1 Like

We like women, I adore AOC :heart_eyes: It’s nice to see a Molotov thrower on the other side for a change.