Inner city thugs are actually rednecks

You introduced the topic of your children into this thread…not me. First mention of them occurs here.

Yes, but not their gender identity.

Convince someone who was alive during segregation that that’s true.

Wait is this the Sowell thing where it turns out he cribbed his thesis from a white nationalist?

Why should I? :rofl:

1 Like

It can’t be done. I used to lean heavily into this it’s all class argument and my boy K told me he would buy it if I could convince his wildly old dad that it wasn’t explicitly about racism. And that’s a fair request to prove your point.

1 Like

Well, there you have it. Just ask Papa K. :rofl:

It was always about culture, still is. Race is just an easy shortcut and way to group from a distance.

3 Likes

Since all this does is make southern whites, Scots, English, and Irish look bad I don’t get your point. Are you saying bad black behavior started with blacks?

It’s the same argument but the other way round.

If any of this is new to you, just wait until you starting noticing how “black” rednecks actually sound. :wink:

The only ones I really thought sounded “black” were some Cajuns from Louisiana I was stationed with. The destructive behavior of rednecks and inner city blacks is very similar however.

I don’t count the Cajuns. They are a people all on their own. lol

I’m looking more toward Appalachia, where I live. It’s a yuuuuge place with a deep history.

4 Likes

“We don’t need no reason to ■■■■ ■■■■ up. We love to ruins ■■■■■■

Rednecks and hood folks in one quote from “The Boondocks.”

When the Moonshine and the Hennessy gets to flowing, we all are going to act a fool. Black or white.

3 Likes

I know that’s right. East of I-75 in Kentucky, where you enter Appalachia, is a different world.

1 Like

Appalachia reaches as far as Texas. It’s the largest, most deeply rooted culture in this country, and it’s colorless.

1 Like

Cajuns are permanently drunk.

They should be studied so that we can create countermeasures to end alcoholism. There’s no way people should be able to stay drunk that long and work in the South Louisiana heat at the same time.

2 Likes

The people of Tibet are able to thrive at such elevations because of Denisovan DNA.

I agree there is way more to study. lol

1 Like

Debtors, criminals, and rebels were frequently shipped to America as indentured servants who later had children with African slaves.

The relationship may be more than just cultural.

I missed the “black culture only” signs in my history book.