Inflation Surged 8.6% Over The Last Year - Fastest Since 1981

You completely missed the point. BBB was Biden’s signature bill. It did not pass because of one sensible Democrat senator. If it were up to Biden (and the progressives), BBB would have passed in addition to God knows how many other reckless spending pork laden bills.

Which is why he is exactly the wrong person at the wrong time to be in the WH.

1 Like

I am not missing the point.

You can’t blame inflation on a bill that did not pass. Even in a way that would say well it would be worse because it is a thing that did not happen

Inflation is global.

I will say that Biden has not gotten control of it and is failing there… but so is the rest of the world. So no one has the answer. I doubt that the GOP would have the answer.

2 Likes

Shut it down? No, but he’s damn sure neutered it, both with rhetoric and policy’s.

That was step #1 when he took over and they haven’t done ANYTHING to reverse the harm they’ve done.

4 Likes

Do you agree that if it were up to the Biden administration and the “progressives” in the House and Senate, that BBB would have passed?

1 Like

The rig count in the US has been steadily climbing since the bottom fell out in 2020 and the oil companies are making record profits.

I don’t see how that is being neutered.

People just don’t appreciate all Biden has done for the economy. The problem is getting the message out.

2 Likes

It would have yes.

But it didn’t.

So therefore we would be arguing about the effects of something that did not happen.

Which is kind of pointless when we are talking about inflation being a global problem right now.

Unemployment numbers are pretty good.

Lots of people are working.

That has to count for something.

Which goes to my point that Biden is the wrong man for the job right now.

Thank you.

You can make that point. And there are parts that I would likely agree with you

Using a bill that did not pass as an example of why inflation is bad makes no sense though.

But it’s useful in explaining why we need to replace this administration and fellow ideologues as soon as possible.

1 Like

The GOP spent a ton of money when they were in power. Exploded the deficit and everything

How is it that they are the fiscally responsible ones?

It was never my intention to claim that BBB specifically added to inflation, I should have been more clear on that point, if for no other reason than that every little hair in a post on this forum gets split by partisans “defending their guy”.

However, market sentiment plays a role in inflation. And the market perceives Biden as a big spending, anti-oil progressive.

He could do a lot by pivoting on energy and profligate spending. Such a move would be “Clinton-esque”. Probably would gain 5-10 points in the polls before the midterms.

But he won’t, because he’s an idealouge. And his supporters will continue attempting to shift the blame to Putin and greedy oil companies.

2 Likes

False

■■■■ “plan”

Whatever happened to “InfrStruCtue!!!”¿

2 Likes

:rofl::+1:t4:

Fair enough on the first point.

And I agree that perception does play a role in the market.

But the perception is a false one. Spending to support fossil fuels went up in the Bipartisan infrastructure bill to the tune of $25 billion in new subsidies.

So while there is a desire to transition away from fossil fuels…. The actual reality is that the opposite is happening

Inflation is being affected by the war in Ukraine. It is affecting natural gas exports to Europe which raise global prices, it is affecting fertilizer exports, it is affecting global food prices and will continue to do so until at least next year.

This isn’t a shifting of blame, but the simple reality of it.

I have not seen a GOP answer to the problem of global inflation outside of saying Let’s Go Brandon.

If they would put forth an actual plan then it could be scrutinized.

But they won’t.

1 Like

Cut taxes !

4 Likes

No one denies the war is a major contributing factor, but inflation began to accelerate shortly after Biden was sworn in. Gas prices, which were around pre-Covid levels when Biden took office, were up about 40% before the war started.

The constant shifting of blame is one reason why 75% of voters disapprove of Biden’s handling of inflation.

I found several articles by simply googling “GOP energy plan”, including a Jun 2 press release by Frank Pallone (D) lambasting it with “Green New Deal” talking points.

2 Likes

Libs are never to blame for their own actions. :wink:

3 Likes