Inflation at a 40 year high

How many blue things are there for every red thing? And did you miss that that graph depicts percent changes? Add up the numeric value of each bar and tell me, is it a positive number or a negative number?

Jees. :smirk:

It’s my point lol. Of course I know what I am saying.

The cost to customers is minimal compared to the raise the workers get to their salary.

A 10% increase on a few menu items nets a 30% increase on wages.

Do I make more money with a three percent margin on a ten dollar product or on a hundred dollar product?

And with few exceptions, ever increasing.

Brandon does not like it that Carter still holds the record for the highest misery index.

4 Likes

If you knew what you were saying you would recognize that you changed the point from the anecdote that I responded to, to something entirely different in your response to my comment.

But then, that’s what you do, isn’t it.

That assumes that you establish your profit at a set percent of sales. In a competitive market, you can’t always do that.

Already mentioned previously that how elastic your pricing is matters. As does how many true competitors you have.

You make more revenue…. Not profit.

Are you struggling with the different here?

You make more profit as well.

from

A record July net profit margin reading from the National Association for Business Economics (NABE) survey shows that a majority of companies are successfully passing on increased costs to customers

Of course there may come a time when people can no longer afford those increases.

1 Like

How?

3% margin on a $10 product is .30 cents.

3% margin on a $100 product is 3.00 dollars.

In both scenarios, your COGS are 9.70 and 97.00 respectively.

Your profit remains the same. It’s 3%.

But the three percent is more money. I guess inaccurate to say profit margin increases but I am pretty sure I said profits, not profit margins.

There always is a price to be paid, even for those things that aren’t done.

Conservatives never get that.

No. 3% is your profit margin. So it doesn’t matter what your costs are… you are only netting 3%.

If you increased your profit margin… that would be going from 3% to 5%. In that scenario your profit also increases.

3% on your $100 (vs a $10 product) product only increases your revenue. Your profit is still only 3%.

Sounds like a semantics problem, I would rather make 30 dollars instead of 3 on the same product for a variety or reasons.

You know, I actually agree with you. I think terms were getting crossed between us. It happens.

Yes 3% of $10 vs 3% of $100 nets you more money. What it doesn’t change is your profit margin.

Good thing he didn’t say profit margin then, isn’t it. :wink:

Meh, understandable semantics issue, all straightened out.

1 Like

Deliberate as it was … :wink:

The death kneel was outsourcing everything especially to China and insourcing much of the labor force many of which send the money back home to their birth country.

At best we will continue to see a shrinkage of the middle class. Inflation does a real number on the poor.