In this weeks episode of "If Obama had done this", Trump salutes a N.Korean General

The President is a civilian. There is no regulation stating he has to salute in the first place. I’d argue that there is no military regulation saying he should salute at all. Until Regan, presidents didn’t salute (with the exception of former military personnel).

In the end, who cares. He looked like an idiot, but so have other presidents.

A civilian who just so happens to also be Commander in Chief.

Exactly.

Isn’t it great that we have civilian control of the military?

Obama gave a deal to a country who chanted death to america before and after the deal was finished. Nothing tops that.

If all this kissing up to NKs ends up in our getting nothing, then it is certainly going to look bad. If it ends up with a verifiable treaty reducing militarization and preventing nuclear weapons on the Korean peninsula, then it will look less bad.

there is no requirement for a senior to return a salute at all. It is a requirement to render a salute to superiors under appropriate conditions.It is a courtesy to return the salute to juniors.

Your pretense is obvious though…Had Trump not returned the salute, libs would have pretended to be read into some obscure NoKo tradition that says it would have been an insult and the equivalent of a declaration of war.

You really just should bow out of this because you dont know.

And thats where we are at. honest assessment.

Prevent? They are already there

Wasnt it the liberals who praised Kim’s sister at the Olympics? Do they have split personalities?

You can tell from the NOKO propaganda video they got exactly what they wanted. Recognition from the #1 world power.

getting rid of them and getting rid of test sites is the goal.

Couldnt Iran say the same thing with Obama?

I don’t recall Obama having a sit down meeting with the Ayatollah and praising him up and down. Do you?

Who’s working on this treaty?

And Trump did nothing to insure that actually happens. The half page agreement completely ignored the topic of inspections nor did it have a timetable of any sort. It makes the Iran deal look amazing in comparison.

I also don’t remember Obama making propaganda videos on Iran’s behalf

Yea, that’s bad. We didn’t even get anything out of the summit.

Trump worshipers make me sick.

wait… let me go down the hallway and ask the treaty guys in the state department, Congress, and the Pentagon.

I’m surprised you did not add … “specifically”.

They “praised her” because she didn’t go the Olympics acting like a horse’s ass, like our dignitary, the VP, did. She was friendly and grabbed all the attention, instead of scowling an wagging her finger at an event that the world normally just comes together to watch as our athletes compete.