In the What the Hell Category

Samm… I’m a gun owmer and I enjoy practicing shooting when I have time . We disagree that everyone is capable of the responsibility.

How does a written test do that? How does a practical test do that?

2 Likes

Who decides?

What are you talking about? I never said any such thing. Clearly every body is not responsible enough to have guns. So deal with them and leave me the ■■■■ alone. The Constitution is quite clear, as long as we don’t ■■■■ up and lose our rights an/or freedoms through Due Process, our Right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

No such guaranteed right exists for owning and operating vehicles exists. Even you must acknowledge that that argument is stupid.

1 Like

The issue is, they way we do it now, by the time we recognize someone as not responsible, some other citizen has lost their right to live.

I think we do as a society with comprehensive background checks and a real system of appeal.

You want to vote on it?

1 Like

That’s not a bad idea.

Fine, we’ll vote on your rights too then. And given these posts of yours, you rights to freedom of speech and to vote ain’t looking good.

2 Likes

The way we do it now, through Due Process, is Constitutional. What you are proposing is prior restraint … which is unconstitutional,

2 Likes

We cannot vote away our Constitutional Rights except when voting to do so when ratifying a Constitutional Amendment that does so.

3 Likes

Bad idea.

You really want the Sans Culotte voting on your right to property? Or the elitist swine voting on your right to freedom of movement?

Surely you see the issue with voting on what constitutes fundamental rights don’t you? Once you open Pandora’s Box, you can’t close it again.

1 Like

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I don’t want a vote on the 2a. Gun ownership is absolutely a right. I want a vote on universal background checks.

Never gunna happen. There cannot be universal background checks without universal gun registration. Even if someone could convince the Court that that was Constitutional, which arguably it is not (is there any other right that requires a background check before you can avail yourself of it?), there is absolutely no way to get the 340 million guns in private possession registered. Do you see any criminal who is already ineligible to possess a gun going to the police station or where ever, to register their guns? In fact, do you see every law abiding citizen who sees such extreme abuse of power as that registering their guns? No. What in fact all that it would accomplish is to make criminals out of millions of currently honest Americans.

2 Likes

What does that mean to you?

All gun sales require a background check.

Thanks. And what do you feel that solves?

Gifts too?

I think there are people that aren’t responsible enough to own a gun. In theory, it prevents them. It isn’t permanent and there should be a robust system of appeal.

How does your universal stop them? Does a BGC check how responsible a person is?

Not that it matters how you feel about somebody else’s rights.

1 Like