In My Opinion we're in the middle of modern day book burning

If you want to say he chose stupid imagery to make his claims, I can agree with you on that.

Racist imagery. Any association of “race” and “jungle” by an American white toxic male is racist. Period.

why? Will that solve some problem?

But maybe more importantly, virtually everything from Aunt Jemima to Disney characters are being called “racist”. Who is to decide? What criteria?

Can a person here just say another members avatar is racist and BINGO… it will be gone?

Associating with Jesse Helms was worse.

No, it won’t solve racism or immediately make black lives perfect, but you gotta start somewhere.

I disagree. His own racism is worse than any association.

I’m sure you do.

But Biden had different reasons than Helms for being against bussing.

1 Like

Yeah… ignore the rest of what he was saying… you know the part about increasing racial tensions and such and how we should work against that.

It sounds much worse if you ignore that part.

from my observation, I’d say most white people have no problem with starting somewhere. The problem arises when there seems to be no stopping.

You do know that the activists WANT to be victimized and WANT to be able to declare racism even if there is none. It was the same thing with the words we use to refer to black people.

Don’t call me a N please. We are “new name 1”.

so white people said OK and within a few years the reference was to “new name 1”.

Funny thing. The activists said “new name 1” was racist so they said " you are being racist. We are “new name 2”.

so white people said OK and within a few years the reference was to “new name 2”.

Funny thing. The activists said “new name 2” was racist so they said " you are being racist. We are “new name 3”.

so white people said OK and within a few years the reference was to “new name 3”.

Funny thing. The activists said “new name 3” was racist so they said " you are being racist. We are “new name 4”.

all so that the activists had a job “fighting racism”

And then all the Jussie Smollets.

Under Democrat control and activist agitation “THEY WANT TO DECLARE RACISM EVERYWHERE”.

So if someone can say it will start and stop and then ENOUGH…sure, we can relegate all racist imagery to museums. But we know that won’t happen.

1 Like

Why stop there? If you’re out to destroy people for the unforgivable crime of disagreeing with you go big or go home!

4 Likes

Angry mobs destroying people’s property, livelihoods and lives hardly amount to self correction.

Whatever “self correction” (that’s just a silly comment) might have been happening after the murder of George Floyd ended a couple of weeks ago…Mr. Floyd’s death has gone from being a reason to an excuse.

2 Likes

Yes, he didn’t want his kids growing up in the jungle.

By the way, why isn’t Joe Biden speaking out urging calm? Why isn’t Joe Biden discouraging the violence and vandalism? Is he afraid he’ll upset his voters? Does he even have a clue about the chaos?

He has been…while Trump has been calling for looters to be shot.

You don’t hear him calling for calm because your version of calling for calm seems to be pushing for suppression.

So when someone calls for calm but also says he understands the anger, those on the right hear “pandering”.

This nation is not a racist nation.

This nation has taken giant strides to correct the sins of our predecessors of a couple of hundred years ago.

In the last three years Opportunity Zones, Prison Reform, and the lowest black unemployment rate in history are examples that bear that out as fact. The start was made without you.

Are there individuals with sick hearts in America…yes…there are racists with white skin and black in America today.

I wonder…what would do more to improve the lives of African Americans? Rooting out the minority of white racists (which is a fine idea but what are you gonna do, throw people in jail for their thoughts?)…or taking significant steps to deal with something like 70% of inner city black kids growing up without fathers and stable families, taking steps to get black kids to quit shooting other black kids in places like Barack Obama’s hometown of Chicago? Many more young black men die from black on black shootings than from police killing unarmed blacks.

If people got serious in dealing with those problems I d be willing to bet we’d see way more progress for people of all colors than all this devastation, destruction, the deaths we saw over the weekend, and the lie of “black lives matter.”

Headline - Homicide Leading Cause Of Death Of Young Black Men, Says FAU Researcher Homicide Leading Cause Of Death Of Young Black Men, Says FAU Researcher | HuffPost Miami

Headline - 5 Devastating Facts about Black on Black Crime. From the piece…" FACT 1. Over 1,400 more black Americans murdered other blacks in two years than were lynched from 1882 to 1968."

Headline - The Need to Discuss Black-on-Black Crime The Need to Discuss Black-on-Black Crime | National Review

When the nutjob left starts seriously dealing with these issues which seem to infect so many cities in liberal states with liberal mayors, maybe we can take this whole “We care about Black People” thing seriously.

1 Like

Biden has said nothing according to Google since June 2…he’s been hiding in the basement.

I didn’t know whether a statue places on private property or public property has 2 different meaning.

I want to thank libs for clearing that up to me. :wink:

1 Like

huh ?

How can you? Associations mixing whites with black is a jungle drowns out anything he has to say.

What’s sadder than watching the crazies ripping down the statues is watching the people on the sidelines making excuses for them.

2 Likes