In major embarrassment to GOP, House fails to pass massive Farm Bill in face of conservative Republican showdown

I’ve got to run. Nice evening to you all.

1 Like

Simple, open up House discuss and debate, then pass legislation to address the decades of failures and neglect that have created a national crisis with immigration.

If you can’t whip your members for an important vote , it’s pretty bad.

Allan

Mr smith speaks.

The great idealist.

This is politics, man not the Boy Scouts.

You really want politicians to vote country over party.

Lol. You ain’t living in reality land

Allan

See, that’s the thing. Too many times promises for things “tomorrow” go unfilled.

http://www.fromdesign2build.com/public/117.cfm

The party (both GOP and Dem) dictates who get the major upper hand in funding and support.

Look at the Senate GOP primaries in your own state. Front-runner is the GOP pick, and he’s shaping up to be a milquetoast campaigner who very well may end up ceding the seat to Claire McCaskill. And I’m concerned that Hawley will end up morphing into another Jeff Flake if he does win, whereas the other two guys would stick to their principles. But you don’t have to stretch to conclude that Hawley will end up being the GOP nominee. And too many people vote to pick the “winner”, and not the one who will really look out for their interests.

And this goes back to a previous post where you said that most people are middle of the road, and I said that has to change.

And it does.

Are you and the other posters like that really worried about depressed Republican turnout?

^^^ A depressed Republican turnout in November could also impact Senate races. If GOP voters aren’t at the polls and DEMs are, there are few GOP voters to also vote for Senate candidates giving the DEMs a better shot at flipping the Senate.

A DEM Senate leadership could just decide to pull a “McConnell” and not hold a vote since you know they would have to wait for the next Presidential election to find out what the American people really want. There goes Trumps changing the SCOTUS from 4 liberal/5 Conservative Justices (You know Kennedy votes pretty conservative on many issues) or 4 Lib - 1 Moderate - 4 Conservative (if you don’t think of Kennedy as Conservative).

His ability to stack the court will be severely hampered if the GOP takes the Senate.

.>>>>

1 Like

I have no doubt Doug is concerned about a light GOP turnout – and your reasons are just some of it. I’m the same way.

I think he was asking about the sincerity of some of the others around here who claim to express concern.

Next to pentagon spending, farm bills are the biggest corporate handouts in the history of man. Regardless of the reason, I am good with the result.